Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rte Coverage For Clay Shooting

Options
  • 25-08-2005 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

It May Interest Some Of You To Know That Rte Had A Camera Crew At The Home Countries International Olympic Trap Tournament Which Was Hosted By The Icpsa At One Of Its Clubs In County Tyrone Last Weekend.
    They Were Doing A Piece For O.b. Sport Which Will Be Broadcast On The Night Of Friday 2 September.
    While The Five Hours They Spent On Site May Only Last Three Or So Minutes On The Screen, When Was The Last Time That You Saw Any Shooting On A Sports Programme?
    So Tune In And If You Like What You See And Want More, Why Not Give Rte A Shout?
    Shooting In All Its Forms Is Our Sport, We Enjoy It, We Are Good At It, So Why Not Broadcast That Fact?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

excellent!! As a recent recruit to clay shooting I'm looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

hello,

it's silly season at the moment (slow on the news and current affairs front), if you were to ring in and talk to both TV and radio there may be a chance you could get some air time.

I know very little about the whole sport of shooting in Ireland I'm sure a basic introduction to it could be very informative to the general public. the only coverage I ever saw it get was when there was some proposal about having to have gun cabinets by law(?) if you owned a fire arm. not 100% on this.

point being now would be an excellent time to raise the visibility of the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭allnight_2002

Anyone see this show last night. Was the coverage any good. I taped the show as i had to go out. Hope to watch it tonight

Advertisement