Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Morrison to Palace £2M

• 25-08-2005 2:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

As a Palace fan, i'm delighted that we signed Clint..heres part of the storey from SkySports

"Crystal Palace have won the race for Birmingham striker Clinton Morrison who returns to Selhurst Park on a three-year deal.

A host of Championship clubs had been chasing the 26-year-old, but Palace saw off competition from Norwich, Southampton and Sheffield United to land the Republic of Ireland star for a £2 million fee.

Morrison left Palace to join Birmingham three years ago in a £4.25 million deal that saw Andy Johnson move in the opposite direction.

Johnson has gone on to prove a huge success with The Eagles, but Morrison never truly established himself at St Andrews and managed a total of 16 goals in 97 appearances"

He will be brilliant in the First Division, i'm sure he will get 20+ goals and help Palace win promotion. Palace have signed 3 strikers this summer with Jon Macken arriving from Man City, and Darren Ward. The only problem is that this could alert teams to A.J once more, although he did sign a 5 year contract in the last 2 weeks.

A lot of mixed signals coming from Palace me thinks, i wouldn't be surprised if we end up selling Johnson coming Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

Oh my god, another palace supporter! I thought I was the only one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Good move but what about Jon Macken.....is he getting his place? I thought this would be a good move for Macken so we would have another option for Ireland for WC but I would think Morrison and AJ would be the starter so Macken will be a bench player! also does this mean that Palace are going ot play with 2 up front instead of AJ on his own like most of last season? gives them options I suppose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I know clint isn't the most blessed striker in the world and no dis-respect to poor regi and other palace fans.

but surley he can do better than this? i find it hard to belive not one premiership team had an intrest in him, surley he could do a job for blackburn/wigan/west ham/NEWCASTLE/fulham/pompy etc etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

ntlbell wrote:
    I know clint isn't the most blessed striker in the world and no dis-respect to poor regi and other palace fans.

but surley he can do better than this? i find it hard to belive not one premiership team had an intrest in him, surley he could do a job for blackburn/wigan/west ham/NEWCASTLE/fulham/pompy etc etc?

big up regi!

i think the problem there is that Irish people know what Morrison can do at International level but in England he isn't well known cuz he never got a proper run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

ntlbell wrote:

Think the problem with Clinton is most clubs still see him as an untried striker in PL......soon after move to birmingham got that shoulder injury and never got the chance then till the end of season when him and Forsell where magic together...only thing was Clinton was setting up everything for Forsell..... but then Heskey was brought in and Forsell got injury and was out for season...Clint isnt suited to play alongside Heskey so they brought in Pandiani so this season I dont think Clinton would have got a chance so why not move! he has shown in Championship he is a class striker....could be the differnece in Palace coming back up

Also will link well with AJ.....you seen wth Forrsell at Palace and then at Birmingham thats the sort of striker he works well with and AJ is that thype....also Forrsell always was saying he would never had scored half the goals that season only for Clinton!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Big Nelly wrote:
    also does this mean that Palace are going ot play with 2 up front instead of AJ on his own like most of last season?

I think that last years one up front was purely Iain Dowie trying to keep Crystal Palace in the premiership without the quality of defence that you need. He filled midfield with a 4-5-1 and hoped that they could pick up enough points so he could stay up, then strengthen.

But in the championship he will revert to 4-4-2. not to mention Crystal palace won't have the same quality of service now that Routledge is gone. Morrison will be a good support striker(like he was to Forsell 03/04 season).

It will help that he will play every week, but I know he will be disapointed not to have gone to another premiership club. Newcastle could have really done with him!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

The BBC had a report about this earlier except the called clint... the northern ireland international and I thought AERTEL was bad FFC.

Do you think CP can get promoted this season ? 4 points from 9 games so far is that right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

[QUOTE=jubbly

Do you think CP can get promoted this season ? 4 points from 9 games so far is that right ?[/QUOTE]

The way the first division is setup there are about 14 teams who could get promoted. All you need is a top 6 finish are your nearly there! Palace where in 18th position in January 03 when they got promoted! I think they finished 5th in the end!

If any team wins 4 or 5 games in a row they easily could leap from the relegation zone to the playoff zone!

Advertisement