Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

face kicker banned

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Not really.

I know what you're saying that moderators have off days just like anyone else. But if you were to treat people diplomatically and be not seen as threatening then you wouldn't have forums exactly like this one complaining about moderators.

I think all has been said here that can be said. Thanks to the moderators for explaining their situation on the bans and taking the time to make everyone a little wiser to the situation.

And i think ****ing a goat is a little different to having one bad post?

Liked the saying though, made me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

But if you were to treat people diplomatically and be not seen as threatening then you wouldn't have forums exactly like this one complaining about moderators. .

i think we have established that the vast majority of the time, and im talking 95% of the time, the person banned deserved to be banned.

but regardless of what we do, we will always get complaints.

for example, as i type this i continue to get posts from an individual who is PMing me over a ban he received IN AH for calling someone a príck.

he feels he was justified because someone made a racist comment.
    i dont agree.

people will always complain. regardless of how nice you are.

so i think most people have been nice to you, but youre still here complaining....

I'm not complainig... I'm suggesting.

Just out of curiousit, I was wondering what the policy on setting up a thread for boycotting a certain company who let me down recently. Is it legal and what forum should I use?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

In general we don't want to know. We're not usually interested in standing over your complaint. Especially if it's that DELL mistake you got burned on.

So is it ok to start the thread?

• Advertisement

I thought I had answered that.

No.

Thanks esksor for taking the time to answer my question, it's appreciated.
    ecksor wrote:
    In general we don't want to know. We're not usually interested in standing over your complaint. Especially if it's that DELL mistake you got burned on.

It left me a little confused. The words 'in general, 'not usually' are a bit non-descript to me. I just don't want to get banned.

Well, if you felt that yours was an unusual situation that didn't match the general case then there would be some ambiguity about it alright, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Fair enough people were warned. But the warning did not come with the advice of an alternative course of action. To me that is not a warning, it's a threat. Maybe this is the point that is being made.

As a moderator of my own forum I constantly have to warn people. But I always provide an alternative course of action. This way the person has no excuse if they continue to break the rules.

Hope that makes sense :confused:

If they're too stupid to be able to avoid breaking the rules, they're not wanted, as far as I can see...

Advertisement