Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Buying Seasons

Options
  • 25-08-2005 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi There:-

I'm starting to look around for a house to buy, and have noticed that the supply of cetain types of houses seems to have dried up over August... I'm hoping that this may be due to that being the holiday month? A mortgage broker I was speaking to in July said as much, and told me not to expect to get much done with banks and solicitors until September, as everyone would be away.

Which brings me to my question - is there an annual supply/demand cyle in the property market, and if so, what are its seasons?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

There are seasons alright. Depending on what you are doing and want.

Very general rules spring/summer good to sell winter good to buy.

New builds tend to complete in autum but it is best to buy off the plans for new builds where possible.

Remember guide prices on 2nd hand houses tend to be 10-25% less than what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Nothing much sells in either August or December.

Advertisement