Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I know none of you know - but I'm interested to hear your opinions...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

quarryman wrote:
    god i never post in PS...

anyway, sounds like you got a negative response which isn't a winner but i don't think ringing her would actually help. you said yourself she has your number so see what happens.

if its all quiet let it go. i'd say you WILL come across a little pushy by ringing.
    My sentiments exactly.

Petes: yea, they were class! - but seriously, no, he wasn't. Not his gig.

gline: I'm not expecting her to make a move. I'd just expect that if she felt the same way, she'd react a little more positively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Zulu wrote:
    I'd just expect that if she felt the same way, she'd react a little more positively.

what exactly did you text her and what was her exact reply?

Come on Zulu, do it for PI and ring her !!!!!
    I will, but I'll start sorting out that weekend away gig. It'd be far better to have an excuse to ring. ...then I can just keep the conversation going, check the vibes, arrange a pint... ;)

It's a good approach. It's what I'd do! Wait I am me... (sorry, it's getting very close to pints time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Zulu wrote:
    (sorry, it's getting very close to pints time)

Yes it is..in about 20 minutes...let us know how you get on.

gline wrote:
    what exactly did you text her and what was her exact reply?
    Dosen't matter. Question and joke. She responded to the joke ignored the question and didn't ask any questions herself. So no worries.

Petes: I'll assmue you don't want to hear about my pints tonight. ;) I'll keep you posted - it'd rude not to at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Jaysus, Eastenders has nothing on this....I can see this storyline running for a while yet !!!!

Cue mission impossible music.....Zulu, your mission should you choose to accept it to ring this woman over the weekend...
    You've already failed to strike while the iron is hot, so at least give it a go while it's still luke-warm !

Just forget about the fact that you'd like to do "things" to this girl and ring her. I'm assuming you talk to women on the phone regularly (sisters, friends, mother, etc.....) so just pretend you're speaking to one of them (probably best not to use the same phone conversation you would with your mother though!) on the phone and happen to ask if she wants to meet up for a drink/coffee etc (and perhaps mention that your open to offers of sex)

Santa

I don't know if I agree with the "pointless random phone call from a relative stranger" approach. It'd be nice to have a point to the conversation. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

Hey,
    Just had a quick glance there through the thread so forgive me if any of this was said before.
    My general feeling towards pills is that if you feel a connection with someone and your talking all night like that is that your feeling are inhanced, so sometimes the next day, you feel bad for telling people that you love them when you really dont and all of that, but its part of the buzz(unfortunately not anymore) However, I do feel that most of the time it is the truth when your saying things etc So I would say that you made a connection and all of that, so I would say that you should text her. What have you got to lose?

Also the kiss in the morning, I and im sure everyone doesnt feel perfect mentally and she might have been a bit skagged, so her thoughts etc in the morning mightnt have reflected how she feels, she probably just wanted to get home, as im sure you know how it feels the next morning. So bottom line is you'd be a fool for not texting. Potential relationship!!!

Fellow model

Zulu wrote:
    I don't know if I agree with the "pointless random phone call from a relative stranger" approach. It'd be nice to have a point to the conversation. ;)

But there is a point to the call, You fancy her and want to know if she feels the same/realises you fancy her. While the phone call may not confirm if she feels the same, it will let her know that you fancy her !!!!

If you haven't rang her by monday, PM me her number and your name and I'll ring her for ya !

Remember God didn't just give us testicles to produce sperm, they're also there to give us the courage to call women !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Zulu wrote:

Isn't the point of the conversation to ask her out? That makes the call not pointless. And aren't most people who go on first dates relative strangers?

What are you trying to do? Lull her into a false sense of security with some "pointful" conversation, and then pounce on her when she leasts suspects it, with "So I had a nice time the other night and would like to do it again, how about a drink some time?" Hoping she'll be so over come by your conversational abilities that the only word she can think of is "Yes".

From what I read about her on this thread she sounds like the sort of person who needs a bit of effort put in (due to her past experiences). Either that or she isn't interested. The only way to know is to ask her out, direct and with out the pussy footing texts and second guessing thats gone on so far.

Just do it. You'll know the craic soon enough. Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Zulu wrote:

you know what, you have completely defeated yourself.

you started off asking for advice, and you have ended up telling everyone that you dont want to talk to her becuase you think that she may think youre interested in her.

well if you arent interested, why not move on.

if you are interested, then what, youre too macho to have comeone think you are interested?

basically, you are afraid she will say she is not interested, and yet you spend 3 pages trying to put it a different way.

you are afraid of rejection.
    hey, join the club. sure, isnt it better to not chance your arm, becuase then you wont get shot down.
    you know why men hate gorgeous women in night clubs?
    because they wont ask them out, becuase they are afraid of being shot down.

as jesus said.
    god helps those who help themselves.

if you dont call her, why should she call you, and you miss a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Hear, hear WWM..

Zulu, I don't think you should be concerned with coming across as 'pushy' just yet. You've only swapped one text since what sounds like a pretty intense night for you both. Some phone calls/texts from you might give her the impression that you're 'interested'.

You gotta take the risk - you've been thinking so much about her it's clear to us you're interested, now you have to communicate that to her.

Follow the advice of the majority here and call her... she might be up for the movie you were planning on catching.... maybe she was just watching the same TV show - she could even like coffee and chinwaggin.. go on go on go on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Firstly, I've just realised that I can be a bit of an 'Intellectual Pimp' at times (shame on me). That site is hilarious; must pass it on to every chick I can so we can figure you guys out once and for all.

Secondly, as regards the 'texting' situation. There seem to be major disparities between the sexes and what is expected from a text. Guys generally reply only when a question is asked. Women do not go by these rules. They do not need to ask you a question to expect a reply. If you are interested in them, they expect a reply regardless. Im glad Ive read this thread now just to realise how you guys think.

As for Zulu's chick, I think your plan is good. You cant really tell if she's interested or not. It could be one of two situations: She thinks she's given you the hint and by ringing her straight away you will only embarrass yourself, or two she could love a phone call. But in your plan, you get to call her and feel the vibe first. Male or Female, I think we all know when someone likes us, and with your 'planned' call you'll be able to figure that out.

Best of luck...

Zulu,
    What happened ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Zulu wrote:
    Nope - safe on that front.
    She split up with what was "her one ture love" a few years ago. She hasn't met anyone since. She's afraid that we only have one true love, and she was worried that she mightn't meet someone else. She wasn't lieing.

Ye gods, I hate that......
    What is it with girls who think that?

You have my sympathies.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

This is very entertaining. I find myself reading this, hoping that Zulu asks her out and she says yes so that other blokes (myself included) will get the hint that sometimes it's better to take a chance and ask then to just throw it away because of a hunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

Taking "pills" is bold. Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it. Onward and upwards my good man.

Zulu,
    What happened ??
    I grew a pair of balls and rang her. (With an excuse as per plan).
    Meeting up on Saturday.
    Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Good work Zulu,

I'm sure you feel better for it as well. Hope everything works out for you on Saturday.

gud on yah zulu. Hope all goes well

• Advertisement

You'd think I feel better, and I do. ...but I've still managed to convince myself thats she's not interested. (It defies logic, I know.)
    Still...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Zulu wrote:
    You'd think I feel better, and I do. ...but I've still managed to convince myself thats she's not interested. (It defies logic, I know.)
    Still...

if shes meeting you, then shes interested.

why would someone bother going out to meet up with you otherwise?

you dont have a small black cloud that constantly rains about 2 feet above your head do you?

if shes meeting you, then shes interested.

why would someone bother going out to meet up with you otherwise?

you dont have a small black cloud that constantly rains about 2 feet above your head do you?
    Actually now that you mention it... :D

Sorry, I'm normally not so pessimistic, perhaps because normally I don't really care one way or another. My negative, or overtly cautious attitude is a reflection on her responces. What I mean is, yes she kissed me, but then she implied she didn't mean to. Yes I asked her out, but...

...really, I guess, this time, I think I'm actually interested, and I feel I've something to loose, so I'm probably being defensive, where as before, I didn't. If that makes any sence at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Zulu wrote:
    I feel I've something to loose.

That's when it gets exciting!! And, hey, she's probably feeling it too.

Best of luck to yis. If you start to feel nervous, just remember there's big crowd here rootin for ya. :)

I'm so proud...he called her !
    Please keep us updated on any typedef'ing that may ensue !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Just read the whole thread...

ZULU! What happened?!

Modern day shakesperean going on right here... nedgroids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Cant wait to hear what happened, by gawds this thread is addictive! ;)

Cant wait to hear what happened, by gawds this thread is addictive! ;)
    i know isnt it, lol
    Dying to hear what happens too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Such comments are off topic and will result in the thread being closed.
    PI is not a reality soap opera program.

Do read the charter,
    have a nice day.
    Thaed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Zulu wrote:
    I grew a pair of balls and rang her. (With an excuse as per plan).
    Meeting up on Saturday.
    Fingers crossed.

Dude, its probably too late to give u this info but act like u dont give a sh1te (whether u do or not). Girls love that. Trust me its goes down hill when u start to act like u care.

Women love:
    Laughing
    The chase
    Romance but only in small portions
    baby clothes

Since i stopped caring ive had more success than ever! (altho ive also had an extension, not sure if that has anything do with it - lol)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 jazzbandit

The reason she hasnt texted might be that she was stoned at the time, and had a cardiac when she saw u next day......

But....

She might just be rattling someone else, which is taking up all her time?

Or she might just not be interested in seeing u again? I mean, i'm rarely interested in seeing a bird again after the rattle, but i accept that birds can be different usually.

Anyway, whatever u do, dont break the "two text rule"...ie you can never ever under any circumstances text a bird twice in a row, without her replying in between.

Also don't use funny simpsons quotes in ur texts, and dont mention star trek.
    Generally, birds love it when u play it cool, so thats what I usually do. But sometimes guys who arent as attractive as me (and funny etc) have to send the first text, so go for it big guy.

Let us know how it goes.

The jazz man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Thaed wrote:
    Such comments are off topic and will result in the thread being closed.
    PI is not a reality soap opera program.

Do read the charter,
    have a nice day.
    Thaed

Awww, please give us this one little bit of sunshine... we have to know how it turns out. We've been following it so long. What if he votes her out!?

Fair enough, here's the update, but it's not good! Shiney happy people look away...

I tried to ring her Friday to arrange things, but couldn't get through. She texted me back saying she was out at a going away, and she'd talk to me sat. Fair enough I think.

Saturday is knocking on, and I ring her about 6ish to arrange things. Rings out. I text saying where we were all going. Now heres the thing...
    She texts back saying shes dieing and she not going to make it out, but she'll give me a shout if she's in town next weekend.
    Naturally, I'm not going to hold my breath. (I'm assuming she'd call if she was interested)

Why agree, unless your interested? Why bother texting back at all? Is it possiable shes playing a little game because I left it so long to call her in the first place?

...still had a class night on Saturday though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭s4dd

Ah, the exhilarating chase (or chaste as the case may be.. *groan*)

I suspect her "playing the game" is possible... girls do like playing the "hard to get" at times. Possibly as a defensive mechanism as a means of protecting their fragile little selfs from getting hurt? (which blows for guys.. means we have to do all the "going out on a limb"age). i mean, apart from you not knowing her, she doesn't really know you either, hmm?

I think that not just ringing her after three four days is leaving you in an awfull more "headwreaker" of a state now... at least with the call you would have known either way! As it stands at the moment it would seem that she's may just not interested :/ "if she's in town" after a week?... sounds like a brush off to my highly trained "spider sense" of brush offs.

I'd say it's going to have to be chloroform and a dark alley so... although who knows, she might still call. Still.. bring a bottle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

s4dd wrote:
    I'd say it's going to have to be chloroform and a dark alley so... although who knows, she might still call. Still.. bring a bottle
    This constitutes assault, which is an act of violence against a person.
    Anyone suggesting violence as a way of solving an issue in this forum
    will be banned. You are warned.

Please read the charter
    Have a nice day
    Thaed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭dramaqueen

Going out on a limb I have a feeling that the chloroform comment was a joke!

If you want a straight answer, phone her from a different phone. If she is screening, you will still get through and ask her straight out. Games are for children.
    Say you like her and you would like to get together, if she doesn't want to then she should tell you.
    You might not like the answer but at least you will have one...
    Good luck

I respectfully withdraw my previous comment...

I'd also like to add that as apposed to suggesting an act of violence to solve and issue it was an attempt at humor to alleviate the possibly reality of getting knocked back. I do, however, bow to your athoura-taye Thaed.. and would continue by urging zulu not to preform any acts of violence on another human. it is not cool and i was very wrong to use it in jest.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Give up, you know you want to.

dramaqueen wrote:
    If you want a straight answer, phone her from a different phone. If she is screening, you will still get through and ask her straight out. Games are for children.

Normally i would tend to agree... however it would seem that this has progressed long enough for certain conclusions to be drawn. Ringing from another phone in an attempt to get past someones call screening is verging on "grasping at straws".
    dramaqueen wrote:
    ...if she doesn't want to then she should tell you.

In a perfect world perhaps.. although who can truely fathom the female mind? :/

• Advertisement

s4dd wrote:

In a perfect world perhaps.. although who can truely fathom the female mind? :/

yeh i definitly have to agree with that. Women dont tend to be "yes" or "no". There always seems to be mre to it ;)

dramaqueen wrote:
    If you want a straight answer, phone her from a different phone.
    There are two things I'm definatly not going to do:
    1. chloroform the poor girl - although I did laugh.
    2. phone from another phone

It's cool, I only met the girl once. Grand I had a good night, but it's not like I'm emotionally attached here. If she dosen't want to meet up, she dosen't want to meet up. Me ringing her from another number when she's not expecting it and catching her on the hop is hardly going to encourage her to change her mind.

Give up, you know you want to.
    :o
    ...ahh but deep down, I really don't.

Zulu wrote:
    ...ahh but deep down, I really don't.

So what are you going to do about it then? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Sounds like you've played the cards you've been dealt and lost tbh Zulu. Either that or she's a manipulative, game-playing biatch that you don't want to be involved with anyway...

Sleepy wrote:
    Sounds like you've played the cards you've been dealt and lost tbh Zulu. Either that or she's a manipulative, game-playing biatch that you don't want to be involved with anyway...

ah you never know, id say if you havent heard from her by this weekend then yeh there is nothing there

• Advertisement

gline wrote:
    ah you never know, id say if you havent heard from her by this weekend then yeh there is nothing there
    well, as I said, I won't be holding my breath. But indeed, if she called, I'd pop out for a pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Zulu wrote:
    Why agree, unless your interested? Why bother texting back at all? Is it possiable shes playing a little game because I left it so long to call her in the first place?

Why bother worrying. The facts -

1) Pills taken, snog had (ahh, so nice)
    2) Distinct impression she didnt want to snog
    3) Sometimes and sometimes not she returns texts or calls
    4) She is wrecking you're head before anything has started
    5) Do I need to go on?

Dude - if she is wrecking your head before anything has fully blossomed, do you really need to be a rocket scientist to figure that this is not for you?

Go find a new fish.

K-

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Zulu wrote:
    Saturday is knocking on, and I ring her about 6ish to arrange things. Rings out. I text saying where we were all going. Now heres the thing...
    She texts back saying shes dieing and she not going to make it out, but she'll give me a shout if she's in town next weekend.
    Naturally, I'm not going to hold my breath. (I'm assuming she'd call if she was interested)

Dude, im sure she was genuine at the weekend, sure keep calling her everyday until she agrees to meet.....

faceman wrote:
    sure keep calling her everyday until she agrees to meet.....

yeh cuz then u defo wont sound desperate ;) LOL

faceman wrote:
    Dude, im sure she was genuine at the weekend, sure keep calling her everyday until she agrees to meet.....

Yeah.. this is probably the worst bit of advice i've ever heard! I can hear the judge declaring the restraining order now ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement