Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFAs Most valuable Player of the Year 2005 is...

• 25-08-2005 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

...Steven Gerrard!
    Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has been voted the best player in Europe at Uefa's annual awards ceremony.

Gerrard was voted last season's most valuable player by a panel of coaches, with Chelsea duo Petr Cech and John Terry named best keeper and defender.

"I'm shocked, looking at the players that have won this award in the past and some of the unbelievable players involved last year," said Gerrard.

"It is a great honour and I am really lucky to be receiving it."

AC Milan's Kaka won the best midfielder award, with Barcelona's Ronaldinho named the best forward.

The awards ceremony took place before the draw for the group stages of the Champions League.

Thank God its not Lampard!

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I saw that live, Gerrard feigning surprise. :rolleyes:

They cut back to the Sky studio and it was the usual Phil Thomson crap, very objective. :rolleyes:

Gerrard will be shown up eventually, he's so over-rated it's unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Gerrard deserves this for the Olympiakos performance in December alone. Most memorable individual performance for me last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Bateman wrote:
    Gerrard will be shown up eventually, he's so over-rated it's unreal.

I think you're confusing Gerrard for Lampard.

I'd say he was given it for his 2nd half performance in the final more than anything else, since everyone saw that and it's still fresh in the memory.

Advertisement