Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP owners might get jipped till December.

Options
  • 25-08-2005 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Was in a game shop today (not going to mention the name). As the guy was getting my game for me there is a man and woman chatting on the other side of the counter.

The woman is going on about how a customer came in asking about getting a game for the PSP. She pointed out they won't be selling any until December and that the PSP won't sell with a game (it will be pre-ordered). The guy behind the counter was talking about how Sony messed up and that she should be careful what she tells the customer in case they don't buy the PSP.

Anyway, not sure how true or not that is for all shops.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Isn't it a bit late to push it back considering the release is about a week away.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

was it a game that isn't due until December or something?

Was this an indie shop or a chain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

That information has probably been taken out of context. No way would a company release a console without at least a few games to buy for it. The woman was probably referring to a specific game that Sony are lauding for release soon, that probably got delayed in the manufacturing stage or something...

well I can say that my old job (the first day I can say that) already has two PSP games in stock, although they are not allowed to sell them at the moment, so there will be something!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

now, WTF.
    1st of september, ive been waiting a good bit for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

flogen wrote:
    well I can say that my old job (the first day I can say that) already has two PSP games in stock, although they are not allowed to sell them at the moment, so there will be something!

Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Is this where I get killed for saying I don't care as I have mine since March 24th....and could even be a bit bored with it all by now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

yes i should say that too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This is absolute bull... The games have started to be delivered to stores this week. Not allowed sell them until Sep 1 of course... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I was in Gamestop in Donameade(sp?) tonight and they have PSP games out on shelves, although they're not selling them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Aren't the Activision games - THUG2, Spider-Man 2 and Untold Legends out today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

my local shop as the games and psp value pack box on shelf with a sign saying preorder now ffor september 1st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 yogi_hughes

I don't think this is the case at all. I pre-ordered a PSP and two games yesterday in HMV. They have all the launch titles on the shelves now. I asked two members of staff there (just to be sure) if I was guaranteed to have my PSP on 1st September. I was told that not only could I collect the PSP and games on 1st of September, I could come to their midnight opening on Wednesday night/Thursday morning if I wanted!

theres a midnight opening?
    IM THERE !!!!!!! is this on grafton street ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i saw PSP games for sale in Schipol airport in amsterdam recently...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I am just reporting what heard. The same shop also had game boxes out on the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

I reserved my THUG 2 Remix from GAME and he said it'll be there on thursday morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

to be honest i really wont care bout the psp till they sort out the battery situation i mean 3 hours of battery is just crazy short.

Patricide wrote:
    to be honest i really wont care bout the psp till they sort out the battery situation i mean 3 hours of battery is just crazy short.

5 hours for games
    11 for mp3s

BLARG wrote:
    5 hours for games
    11 for mp3s

I think it's 2 - 3 with UMD's, which is probably the most rediculous. I mean, with gaming and music the length of your entertainment is about as long as a piece of string, but if you watch a movie (and while most are under 3 hours, some aren't) you'd like to be sure you can watch the ending without the machine dying on you first.

At least the battery is changable, how easy is it to take out?

• Advertisement

flogen wrote:
    I think it's 2 - 3 with UMD's, which is probably the most rediculous. I mean, with gaming and music the length of your entertainment is about as long as a piece of string, but if you watch a movie (and while most are under 3 hours, some aren't) you'd like to be sure you can watch the ending without the machine dying on you first.

At least the battery is changable, how easy is it to take out?

it's more reliable than some portable DVD players (my friends has 1.5 hours battery life)

BLARG wrote:
    it's more reliable than some portable DVD players (my friends has 1.5 hours battery life)

and? I wouldn't buy any movie device that doesn't have enough battery power to play what I want it for, there's no justification just because it's better than some cheapy alba player in the argos.

what if movie is being played from mem stick?

ACTION Max or whatever have a new battery out soon - 8 hrs?
    and sony are working on a new 1 aswell, i heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

The battery argument is getting very very old. I have a PSP and the battery is fine. I haven't timed it but it's never failed me and it's had no impact whatsoever in any slight tiny way. And I've yet to come across someone who actually owns a PSP that says any different. Now that I've said that somebody is going to post and contradict me but I can confidently say, on the whole, it's really not the problem it's made out to be.

steviec wrote:
    The battery argument is getting very very old. I have a PSP and the battery is fine. I haven't timed it but it's never failed me and it's had no impact whatsoever in any slight tiny way. And I've yet to come across someone who actually owns a PSP that says any different. Now that I've said that somebody is going to post and contradict me but I can confidently say, on the whole, it's really not the problem it's made out to be.

well tbh I wouldnt play my DS for 5 hours straight so having a battery life like that isn't a huge deal, but it would be annoying depending on how much you'd have to charge it etc. I'd just be pissed off if the UMD battery life was that poor.
    I'd say Sony are working on a new one, you can get 3rd party but they're bigger and stick out a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

There are bigger ones out so there's obviously demand for it. I guess it'd become an issue for very long plane journeys or that sort of thing. In general it's no problem though. It would need to be charged more often than a DS I guess, but I find actually knowing what % battery power you have makes it a lot more manageable than just waiting for the battery light to come on on the DS.

aye, the battery usage thing is a very nice feature, really good thinking and far better than a mobile style battery meter or an LED light.
    I wouldn't be pushed buying a bigger battery if I had a PSP, I'd rather just buy a second Sony one or wait for them to make a better one. I can imagine the uproar if sony made a battery for their slick machine that was too big like the 3rd party ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I got a hard case for my PSP it has a battery built into it that is supposed to give an extra 5 hours or so.
    I haven't tried timing it or anything.

This is it
    http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=48#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Roar wrote:
    i saw PSP games for sale in Schipol airport in amsterdam recently...

I saw them last March.

I'd say that overheard convo was referring to GTA Liberty Stories...since it's likely to be in big demand and has killer app written all over it, and we know R*'s record for moving back release dates on GTA titles...

• Advertisement
Advertisement