Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ouija Boards: Good, Bad, or Nothing?

Options
  • 25-08-2005 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hey,(not sure if Im in the right forum here, feel free to move me if not!) I just bought a Ouija board on e-bay, out of nothing other than sure curiousity and maybe to have it ass like a collectable, but my flatmates are giving me all this s**t about them being dangerous and all that malarky...a load of waffle or not??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There are infact several threads already on this and how dangerous it is.
    Search the forum and you will find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Personally i've never seen a ouija boards stand up to the test of getting the person who asks the question to do it with their eyes shut and getting someone else to note down the results.
    imo there's easier and more effective ways to contact spirits (not safe or recommended for beginners though)
    just my 0.02

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Wheely

Sorry if Im bringing up a topic thats been talked to death... :o
    Could you link some of those threads u menioned Thaed?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

I think tools like ouija and tarot may allow you to contact spirits, but it is likely that this isn't going to help you in any way on the spiritual path. Tools like this give you a lot of useless information from sometimes less than peaceful spirits. A lot of it seems to increase the user's ego, instead of lessening it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Dagon wrote:
    I think tools like ouija and tarot may allow you to contact spirits, but it is likely that this isn't going to help you in any way on the spiritual path. it.

Oh i must disagree....i'm an athiest and if i ever used an ouija board and something happened, it would certainly change my mind on spirituality

I would then be able to believe in a god ect.

Advertisement