Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No claims Discount Q

Options
  • 25-08-2005 7:35pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm just going out to insure my car again (just have insurance in my own name 1 year).
    Have (and still am) named insured on my dads Jeep for the last 6yrs

I have been getting quotes from a few places and have found that if I use the named driving discount I will get quoted €400 less than if i use my 1yr NCB.

Now it seems to make sence to me to use the named expierence, and get cheaper insurance, Im just wondering if there is anything i'm missing??
    eg Will I loose out on my 1st Yr NCD or something else?

Cheers

Mik

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

most probably! May as well build up your own NCB - save in the long term

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

just wondering if anyone else out there knows anything about the above??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

mik_da_man wrote:
    Have (and still am) named insured on my dads Jeep for the last 6yrs
    Some insurance companies will give you year for year experience if you are a named driver amd now have a full licence. This means that your 6 year driving experience translates into a full bonus i.e 5 years with some companies , but they generally only do this if you never held insurance in your own name.
    I dont understand how you were not given an intro bonus last year when you took out your policy , most companies particularily the one you were named with should have allowed you a full bonus.
    This only applies if you have a full licence tho

Advertisement