Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gary Numan/Tubeway Army - any fans?

Options
  • 25-08-2005 7:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if any fans are out there?, i'm trying to build a collection and help with obtaining some of the really old albums.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You mean you're after my tape of Tubeways Armys debut album? or Replicas on vinyl? No you can't!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Or that 7" picture disc of "Are 'Friends' Electric?" I've got?

Basically go for the Tubeway Army albums, the very early Gary Numan stuff (The Pleasure Principle is a must) then ignore everything until you get as far as Exile and buy every CD after that as well.

Anyone go see him in Vicar St when he played a few years ago? Great gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I always felt sorry for him. Don't really recall all the stories but didn't he have a few weird run in with fans stalking him and a government accusing him of spying? Imagine writing songs about paranoid futures and possibilities and then have it happen to you.
    His "retirement" never really worked out well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Yeah he's had a few weird stalker fans over the years but then again he married one of his fans so it wasn't a totally bad experience. Never heard about the spying thing. Also he doesn't get any money for Cars when its played on ads (which is frequently).

Advertisement