Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"BT Broadband" throttled?

• 25-08-2005 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

I have the 200k/sec connection
    I can't get more then 10k/sec tonight

and pings (to boards.ie and davidhasselhoff.com) are fine
    its just the speed

I've turned on and off the modem etc
    I've only downloaded 6GB from the cap of 24GB this month
    so its not a punishment throttle

anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Something wrong in your area as there is no way you'll be throttled after downloading 25% of your CAP...if then even throttle connections...which they dont!!!!

Ring them up and complain of poor service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

zuma wrote:
    Something wrong in your area as there is no way you'll be throttled after downloading 25% of your CAP...if then even throttle connections...which they dont!!!!

Ring them up and complain of poor service.

Its working again.

Infairness to "BT" the service is grand
    the price could be lower
    and the billing could be monthy

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

vector wrote:
    Its working again.

Infairness to "BT" the service is grand
    the price could be lower
    and the billing could be monthy

I signed up to BRoadband Plus in April.
    I have not received a bill from them yet. I emailed them a few weeks ago and was told (a few days later) in an email that the matter was being looked investigated. I am just wondering ig they might be "deducting" the money I owe them from the 150 deposit I had to give them (because I do not owe a house)! UTV were swift in getting their moneys but BT... Jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They could be taking it from the deposit all right. Did you get any free months with that? If you did, you'd only be due to start billing around now. Also, BT's billing dept :eek:

As for the throttling, I'd say not. I'm currently at 60G this month (I normally don't go over the cap but this month has been hectic) and I'm still getting 1.7M-1.8Mbps on my connection at any time. They do seem to throttle certain ports though as far as I can tell, particularly the default emule ports (4662, 4672), so change them if you use that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

regedit wrote:
    I signed up to BRoadband Plus in April.
    I have not received a bill from them yet. I emailed them a few weeks ago and was told (a few days later) in an email that the matter was being looked investigated. I am just wondering ig they might be "deducting" the money I owe them from the 150 deposit I had to give them (because I do not owe a house)! UTV were swift in getting their moneys but BT... Jesus

I have never received a paper bill from BT (and its predecessors)
    instead I just see a debit from my current acount every 60 days from "ESAT"

I use another telco for my phone, maybe if you use BT fior everything (as your mention of a deposit suggests) then you shoud receive a paper bil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i get the online billing but only shows for Talk, my last bill was €68 euros and was debited on july 9th but i dont think this includes the broadband tbh.

Advertisement