Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shenmue 3?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I hope they're reliable, the first one I think, might have been on the dreamcast was deadly. I'd love to see a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Never trusted them before...

Wasnt Shenmue going to be a game about 2 years ago, then a movie, then a book and then... nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There was an MMORPG planned for asia... but it was cancelled recently.

They're a strangely compelling bunch of games though. I'm currently playing through Shenmue 2 again, but this time on the xBox.

But it first game has some of the greatest ingame dialogue of any game ever..!

When you spend large section of the game going around asking people:

"Do you know where sailors hang out?"

Classic stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

IIRC kikizo are pretty reliable for inside scoops from Sega.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    IIRC kikizo are pretty reliable for inside scoops from Sega.
    Cause for celebration then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

It's about damn time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I heard somewhere today that Shenmue 3 will be multiplatform and will be on the next generation of consoles. It will also finish the shenmue saga. Just rumours but they seem pretty reliable.

Chapter 2 of Shenmue was supposed to be based on the boat trip over to Hong Kong... ha.. they were really planning on stretching the storyline out weren't they?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There was supposed to be 5 games in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

im sure originally there was meant to be 8/9 in the original series but as sega got into more financial problems it was clear it was never going to happen so they kept cutting it down :(

original was a great game though,minigames were brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

there were meant to be 7...but 2 squeezed 3 of them into one (hence the really dull jungle level).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Yeah there was s'posed to be 7 games in total. The original Shenmue on the DC was a classic and criminally underappreciated by the masses. I'm pretty sure I read in GamesTM that Yu Suzuki mumbled something about Xbox 360 and Shenmue 3...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

They havent exactly won me over with that lousy photoshopped sword in ryu's hand tho. FFS its the same model from shenmue1, they just plastered a sword in his hand to make it look 'next gen' :rolleyes:

He's still got that cut on his cheek too I see...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ahh Shenmue,

I rarely pay full price for a game, I just think they're too expensive, but I couldn't hand over my money fast enough for those two. Still have them and the DC, I must go back and play them again some time.

I hope to god there is a new version. I hadn't committed myself to a next gen machine, but if Shenmue 3 pops up on one, that's it, I have to have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i wont buy a next gen machine until i see the next shenmue, Nights, panzer dragoon and shining force appearing on them (or even re-releases of shining force 3 and panzer dragoon saga) Whichever of the next gens get the most of the above titles i will throw money at them.

BUMPITY BUMP

Ran across this by complete accident, new perhaps?

http://gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1175

Rhyme wrote:
    BUMPITY BUMP

Ran across this by complete accident, new perhaps?

http://gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1175
    That's Shenmue Online. It's been cancelled.

It was going to be a MMORPG that was only going to be released in Asia. It wasn't actually going to be part of the Shenmue Saga, it was just going to be set in the Shenmue universe. I'm not too sure how it would work... would come home from a hard day shifting crates around in work to log into the MMORPG and help other players to shift virtual crates?

Ah... i could never picture a game such as that making a big splash in th MMORPG stakes anyway, magical in a different way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 The Truth!

Oh class, i heard a few months ago that it had been canned, then it was back on track, then canned again. And the guy who came up with the idea for Shenmue, Yu Suzuki, left Sega's development studio AM2 and they brought out Shenmue.

Either way if it's true, then that is good news!

• Advertisement
Advertisement