Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Installing a new head unit in BMW e36

Options
  • 25-08-2005 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi,
    I would like to replace the factory cassette/radio with a sony cd head unit I got, do I need any special adapters? If so where's best to get them?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

toad wrote:
    Hi,
    I would like to replace the factory cassette/radio with a sony cd head unit I got, do I need any special adapters? If so where's best to get them?
    Thanks!

You may need a BMW to ISO loom (if its the original headunit). My current BMW is the first one though where someone didn't butcher out the BMW loom, so you'll need to check first. The BMW loom is like a large square box with about 20 holes in it.

If its in place, just remove the old unit, plug in your adaptor cable and headunit and its all done.

Halfords or any other place like it will stock them, if you're nowhere near a shop you can get them off caraudiodirect.com or eBay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 toad

Thanks for the info. I assume its a straight plug and play job once I have the loom thing.
    Its the orginal bmw radio btw.
    kdevitt wrote:
    You may need a BMW to ISO loom (if its the original headunit). My current BMW is the first one though where someone didn't butcher out the BMW loom, so you'll need to check first. The BMW loom is like a large square box with about 20 holes in it.

If its in place, just remove the old unit, plug in your adaptor cable and headunit and its all done.

Halfords or any other place like it will stock them, if you're nowhere near a shop you can get them off caraudiodirect.com or eBay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭navi_5445

Yup. Straight plug and play after that. I found http://www.auto-connect.co.uk useful for BMW/ISO leads.

Advertisement