Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

José and his Amazing Technicolor Overcoat

• 25-08-2005 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

This is a skit from today's 'Gift Grub' on Today FM. Well worth a listen if you haven't heard it — I especially like Drogba :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Quality. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Oh my ****ing god that is hilarious:D Funniest thing ive ever heard!!! Ive heard some classics from them know where i can get any more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

"You want me to press buy?"

Brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Davei141 wrote:
    Oh my ****ing god that is hilarious:D Funniest thing ive ever heard!!! Ive heard some classics from them know where i can get any more?
    The Today FM site tends to have the last ten editions available to download here.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,337 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Matt Cooper played it on his show earlier. Sheer genius, one of the funniest Gift Grubs in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Hhehehhehehehhehe

Thats worth a 2nd listen :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

LOL quality!!! that's one of the better ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Excellent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

That is freaking hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Am I the only one who doesn't find any of the Gift Grub funny? :confused:

• Advertisement

Bateman wrote:
    Apparently!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Awww man, can't stop smiling after that :)

"Hibernian Insurance... pretty goooood."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Apparently!

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

:D

LoL

That is classic.

"www.amazon.co.uk search rooney"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Bateman wrote:

Nah you're not. I've listened to 2 of the CDs and the only segment I remember finding funny was Hector and Tom Cruise in a taxi. Everything else just left me sighing and thinking 'so you get paid to do that eh'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

The sketch is funny and yer man sounds so much like the special one himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I thought the skit was excellent.

Your man had Mourinho off to a tee! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Pigman II wrote:
    Nah you're not. I've listened to 2 of the CDs and the only segment I remember finding funny was Hector and Tom Cruise in a taxi. Everything else just left me sighing and thinking 'so you get paid to do that eh'?

I'd agree with you that the CD's aren't that great but most of the sports ones are very good. "Dry Your Eyes Becks" last year was absolute class. One of the funniest skits I've ever heard.

This one is funny enough. I thought his impression of Mourinho was spot on.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

ClassicKeano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I love that skit. Poor Drogba, Hehe :)
    "If I want to laugh I will ask damien to do insurance ad" lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Thats great , especially the amazon bit .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

ClassicKeano

that's not a great one dry your eyes becks is far better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

rofl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Bateman wrote:
    I was up until 2 mins ago!!!
    I'm laughing my head off at this! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Lmao @ the jose one but i found the keane one a bit boring tbh.

This is all over the internet atm. Where you the first person to post it on a forum Shamrock? Scotland's Radio Clyde played it on air yesterday too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

eirebhoy wrote:
    Where you the first person to post it on a forum Shamrock?
    Not sure, I just heard it that morning on the radio and checked the Today FM site that evening to see if it was downloadable yet.

Mourinho is getting the man behind this flown over from Ireland to Liverpool and will do a few impersonations before the Everton match. :) No joke! Apparently he plays it all the time in his car for his kids.

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote:
    Mourinho is getting the man behind this flown over from Ireland to Liverpool and will do a few impersonations before the Everton match. :) No joke! Apparently he plays it all the time in his car for his kids.
    That's the funniest piece of news I've heard all day. Good to hear that Mourinho can take a good joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

This guy is going to an absolute legend, the chelsea fans love him already. Even someone from the states thought that was the real mourinho lol.

Well done mario, but who can forget our very own radio roy.

Good to hear that chelsea have booked him for a personal prefomance after the everton game.

Mario super cure for Damien's blues
    FUNNYMAN Mario Rosenstock managed to convince Irish soccer star Damien Duff he was manager Jose Mourinho - and that the injured player would have to line out against Everton or face the sack.

The Gift Grub star played at an exclusive bash for the Chelsea football team on Saturday where he imitated the manager and other stars such as Roy Keane, Dave O'Leary and Spurs manager Martin Jol. However, despite Chelsea being owned by Roman Ambramovich, one of the richest men in the world, Mario wasn't paid a cent for his evening's work.

"The honour of it alone was enough," he said. "They made it clear that very few people are allowed into the group and it was only because Mourinho himself was tickled by it."

Irish winger Duff wasn't able to attend because of a ligament injury, but that didn't stop his teammates playing a little joke on him. "One of the other players rang Duff and passed me their phone," said Mario.

"I pretended to be Mourinho and told him that a lot of players were out and I would need him to line out. "He couldn't believe it and was asking 'What about my ligament injury?'

"I told him that if he didn't show up I'd sell him to Walsall and it was only then that he realised what was going on."

Mario was invited after Mourinho heard his imitations and approved of them.

The talented mimic's show included his highly irreverent songs 'Any Team Will Do' and 'I Sign A Little Player Or Two'. He finished up with his legendary imitation of Irish ace Roy Keane.

"It was also the strangest gig I ever did because at least half of the players don't speak English. I was imitating Mourinho's broken English so I'd say most of it went over their heads."
    Rumour has it that Jose has given permission for the track to be released into the charts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

lol brilliant ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Is there a link to the Sign a little player or too?

Havent heard that.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

Fantastic, thanks for the links.

Advertisement