Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Help Needed.

Options
  • 25-08-2005 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I play Sof2 regularly, and recently there's been an increasing problem that really ruins gameplay.

I am aware it affects every game based on the Q3 engine, but its some kind of server exploit that crashes servers/pings out the players when the attacker sends a request to the server.

Anyone know how to a) do this? I know who keeps doing it to our server, and I've no idea how this is done. I have the code, but no idea how to use it?

b) prevent this? Is there any fix around? Annoys the hell out of me, because it usually happens 3 or 4 times a night, on various servers. It means the current server stays down for several moments and all game info is lost.

Comments

Advertisement