Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chris Jericho to Jump ship???

• 26-08-2005 2:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Its worth checking out his site http://www.chrisjericho.com/ theres a picture of him standing in front of a TNA sign on the Homepage

Any one know what its all about?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think he's just being controversial. This is what he has said:

"Whether I do achieve success outside of wrestling or I don’t, I can say one thing for sure…I’m not retiring from the wrestling business. Too many people over too many years have said that and have constantly returned. I’m not leaving the WWE for good, I’m not leaving wrestling for good. When I’m ready to come back I will. It may be one month, it may be one year, but when the time is right, I’ll know and I will return and be better than ever...I wouldn’t think of returning any other way.

You won’t see me doing any conventions or indie shots in the meantime. If I’m going to be in the wrestling biz, it will be with the WWE. I’m a member of the WWE family for the rest of my life…just like the mafia…and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about my company. So you won’t see me doing any shoot interviews either. Why would I? Vince and I have accomplished a lot of awesome things together and I have nothing but respect for him."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ric_Flair

Pretty much clears that up,

thanks Mr Nice Guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Yeah probably is just a prank. I heard he's just taken a year out to tour with Fozzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Cat O'Nine Tail

Breaking News: Chris Jericho Announces WWE Departure
    Date Added: August 26, 2005
    Story By: Ryan Clark
    From Jericho's official website:

"I eventually had my first match on Oct 2, 1990 in Ponoka, Alberta….and on August 22, 2005 in Hampton, Virginia, I had my last match. For now. Yes it’s true. After months of speculation and rumors and numerous decoys and red herrings being thrown about, the official news from the boss man (me) is that I am leaving the WWE." Jericho noted that after wrestling for 15 years, he was mentally burnt out and that he is a "goal oriented person who thrives on a challenge and I’m not challenged by wrestling at this point in time," noting that he has accomplished everything he ever wanted to do in the business.

If you think about it, the guy hasn't had a break from WWE since he debuted there. Not even from injury. So he deserves a break from wrestling, and time to spend with his wife and son.

This whole thing, methinks, is a work. WWE saw how successful the Matt Hardy work was, and figured they'd try it out with Jericho. And it's done the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 corpus

He is taken a break, it's a fashion thing these days that was started with HHH. His contract was just up recent, but signed an extension, but will be taken time out to tour with his band, which includes all over Ireland - England - Scotland abd Wales.

On his return will we see him jump ship 2 Smackdown?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 WweHardyV2

This is what I think-

Jericho is going on tour with Fozzy til December then he is going to take two months off to spend time with his wife and son whilst penning some new songs for Fozzy!In march Vince will announce that he has rehired someone and Y2J will come back to WWE on RAW as a babyface and wreak havoc on Bishoff for "firing" him in the first place.He will face whoever the WWE champ is on Raw at Wrestlemania in April.My guess would be Y2J V Edge (Edge was supposed to be getting a push to become champ before Matt Hardy came back so when that's over he will get his shot of "Mr.Money in the Bank").

No way would Jericho jump ship to Smackdown (the minor league).
    "Raw IS Jericho" and it always will be.He'll be sadly missed for the 6 months and the WWE should take note to the fact that Jericho has his Jerichoholics weither he's a heel or a babyface.The fans in DC at Summerslam WERE chanting "Let's go Cena ,Let's go Jericho"!!!!

Advertisement