Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enable DNZ/Open a Closed port (5739)

• 26-08-2005 3:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭

Hello There,

I am currently having real trouble trying to unblock port 5739 which is used for a game to play online (pro evolution soccer 4). I have tried port forwarding through the router but to no avail and dosent do any good. I was going to try enabling DNZ temporarily to see if that would fix it as a short term thing but after going through my router page over and over and over again I have absoloutley no idea how to do it.

The router is a Aolynk DR814, there is nothing on the router page im sure of it after checking it a 100 times over which has left me in a position of I have no idea what to do anymore. Im on smart broadband for anyone else that may have experienced this or has the same router.

I have ran a test through http://www.sayers-design.co.uk/PortScanner.aspx and found that 5739 is still a closed port after trying multiple ways to bypass this, it seems the only way left to try is enabling DNZ as i say but that... I have no idea what to do through my current router as it dosent seem to be in the router page.

Is there anyway other way to unblock the port so that I can finally get this to work, or can someone please tell me how to enable dnz on my router as I would be eternally grateful.

Many Thanks

Owen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Assuming you have your windows firewall switched off...

Worst case situation - You could turn the router into bridged mode (Do a search on this forum - its mentioned several times) which switches off all of the router functionality and your PC ends up with the public IP address and is directly connected to the net.

Works best if you only have one pc on your network, otherwise you will have to have your pc acting as the router for the rest of your LAN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Snaga wrote:
    Assuming you have your windows firewall switched off...

Worst case situation - You could turn the router into bridged mode (Do a search on this forum - its mentioned several times) which switches off all of the router functionality and your PC ends up with the public IP address and is directly connected to the net.

Works best if you only have one pc on your network, otherwise you will have to have your pc acting as the router for the rest of your LAN.

Nah windows firewall is always switched off as i use zonealarm and i set it up through zonealarm to be fine with the game, the problem is the router and im 100% sure of this, i must try this bridged mode you speak of if i can manage to find out how

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Snaga wrote:

Thank you, now to figure out how to decipher :p

I done those settings and managed to get a 3rd party pppoe software to connect and it seems to be going ok after hours of trying to figure all these things out. Atleast I think those settings were made so you use a 3rd party pppoe client yes?

Well windows comes with one built in (Since windows 2000 afaik - but XP definitely has one).

Jump into Network Connections from the windows control panel.

create a new connection...
    Choose connect to the internet - next
    Choose 'Set up my connection Manually' - next
    Connect using a broadband connection that requires a username and password - next

The rest youll figure out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement