Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart broadband in D15 (Blanchardstown)

• 26-08-2005 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

looking to see if anyone knows when they might be coming to blanch. im currently with irish broadband. i could piss and moan about the atrocious packet loss problems, the horrible bandwidth, the reliability issues. but we've all heard it before. suffice to say, im getting away. and to further my goals, i need to know when smart broadband is coming to blanch. also, what are the download/upload limits like? is contention an issue? how good are the pings? whats the quality of service like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

NTL might be in Blanch. Have you tried them? I believe the contention issues are fixed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

todd10k wrote:
    looking to see if anyone knows when they might be coming to blanch. im currently with irish broadband. i could piss and moan about the atrocious packet loss problems, the horrible bandwidth, the reliability issues. but we've all heard it before. suffice to say, im getting away. and to further my goals, i need to know when smart broadband is coming to blanch. also, what are the download/upload limits like? is contention an issue? how good are the pings? whats the quality of service like?

I tried to get SMART, but they will not be in D15 for a long time, I've asked Garfieldo'Connel.

He said they have no fibre in the area? maybe Esat could give em a bit from the canal or N3 and they could pop it in Clonsilla!

NTL is poor in some part of d15, be careful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I heard it could be over a year before Smart come to blanch. Its kinda no fair it makes it harder to be one of the first 100,000 when theres no point signing up till its here. NTL is in some parts of blanch but not all. Ive been on asking them for it for almost a year. I hope I can get it by the time I get to the end of my contract with IBB. Esat and eircom are the only other options as far as I know but we should be able to do better than them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Drapper wrote:
    NTL is poor in some part of d15, be careful
    AFAIK all sorted in my area now (Riverwood, near Coolmine train station).
    It's brill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Luttrelstown is fine too

Pinging www.esat.ie [193.95.153.20] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 193.95.153.20: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=117
    Reply from 193.95.153.20: bytes=32 time=11ms TTL=117
    Reply from 193.95.153.20: bytes=32 time=9ms TTL=117
    Reply from 193.95.153.20: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=117

Ping statistics for 193.95.153.20:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 9ms, Maximum = 14ms, Average = 11ms

but there is a few issues in the area around the centre, roselawn and coolmine, far side of the canal!

Think the rewired the area, and link it into Castleknock via Larrel Lodge.

But it excellent since it was fixxed, had to endure 8 months of poor poor service!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

I heard it could be over a year before Smart come to blanch. Its kinda no fair it makes it harder to be one of the first 100,000 when theres no point signing up till its here. NTL is in some parts of blanch but not all. Ive been on asking them for it for almost a year. I hope I can get it by the time I get to the end of my contract with IBB. Esat and eircom are the only other options as far as I know but we should be able to do better than them.

Dont worry...it will be YEARS before Smart reach the 100,000 BB subscribers mark.

Bulldog in the UK, for example, have some good high speed deals and still have not reached 100,000 customers (http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,20411-1742925,00.html though their support appears to be atrocious.
    Im guessing that Smart currently has ~1,000 customers at best!

Advertisement