Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Examples Of Web Design

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

smeggle wrote:
    jayz ye guy's are hard to please
    ok then what about this place - Alexluu One of the sites I host as a sub domain. I have a few of these sites as I offer young trainee web designers/coders web space to be able to practice there stuff on. Most are College students and I do it just to help them out at no cost to myself.

Not bad.
    smeggle wrote:
    Theres also www.firemonger.org (About to be redesigned with a cms) again a charity hosting project for a project put together by a group of students. The project is the only private one officially reconised by Mozilla and is doing very well. They are about to re-lease Firemonger v 2.0 shortly.

Erm, no. Yuk.
    smeggle wrote:
    I have other student projects that are donated free hosting to help them out. I've been doing that for a couple of years now. It gives them the start they need without ending up on one of those horrible free servers. Some even have there own data bases that they can learn on during there studies.

That's nice; completely off topic tho. :)
    Webmonkey wrote:
    None of them sites seem to load for me. I think your host is a bit dodgy.

Considering he's a known advocate of the cheap-n-dodgy webhost, that's unsurprising...

Rather bizarrely, one of them (the non-US one) seems to be IIS running PHP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

Rather bizarrely, one of them (the non-US one) seems to be IIS running PHP.

Is it? em there both non US btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Hmm. Ah, yes, they are; wrong name for one of them.

Yes, it is running PHP on IIS. You didn't know this? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

Smeegle - banned for being a complete tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

smeggle wrote:
    The only reason anyone would be wanting to go to that depth is if they intend to be malicious in some way like running sql injection for instance?
    Jesus Christ man, 'that depth'?
    It's easily possible to see that a server is running IIS if you were to try'n open a page that doesn't exist... for example www.yoururl.com/roflwtf.html would turn up a server generated 'not found' page with IIS written on it in black and white.
    And the .php file extensions on the urls aren't exactly secret hax0r information either.
    Both observations can be made during normal use of a site.

Also why is it worth mentioing that an IIS server is running PHP?
    I've got a hosting account that runs IIS and allows me to enable PHP... granted it would be cheaper to get linux hosting if I was using PHP instead of ASP, but still... what's the big issue?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

rofl

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement