Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Score Challenge #9 - EMULATOR

Options
  • 26-08-2005 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

Now that I have some free time again, ill ressurect the challenges.
    To start - PACMAN
    highest score with three credits (post score and level)
    winner announced next friday
    If - you dont have an emulator it can be played online at Ebaums World

I'm fairly certain its the origional game with the same scoring system.

**Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Sound of pacman dying**

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll be embarassing myself with this one tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Can't be any worse than i'm doing - i'm so crap at this.

I'm having trouble beating level 1 sometimes. **SHAME**

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Feck.

Got around 16,800 over at ebaums but didn't get a chance to take a screenshot. The Game Over screen disappears pretty quickly. Be warned!

Earthhorse wrote:
    Feck.

Got around 16,800 over at ebaums but didn't get a chance to take a screenshot. The Game Over screen disappears pretty quickly. Be warned!

Ah its ok.
    We all belive you.
    I noticed that myself but kind of forgot to mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

It's okay. I managed to pretty much replicate it and grab a screenie.

Extra life at 10,000 by the way. The fruit and ghosts are well worth getting when you have the power pill. That's where you really pick up the points.

• Advertisement

Some timing !!
    Took me a while to even see where pacman's remains were on the screen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ah this should keep me occupied until 4.

/edit

well it feckin would if the site would work :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Damn, back when i were a lad, i always disliked this game because i was never into high score games, i was all about exploring new places, and this was the same place over and over... but my mother-in-law got herself a little namco classics joystick that you plug straight into the telly and i got hooked on pacman.

My high score on the ebaums one (no screen shot :( ) is 28230.

heh, i was being all ready to take screenshot, and when i died, i was like mash-mash-mash-make-sure-the-screenshot's-taken, and i kept mashing all the way back to the title screen and overwrote the high score image in the clipboard :)

Anyway, 71,380 is the score to beat. Level 7, i think.

c - 13 wrote:
    highest score with three credits
    Wait a minute, three credits? You mean i get to continue after i'm all dead? Or do you mean three lives? And if so, does that mean if you get bonus lives for 10,000 points, you don't get to use them in the challenge, eh?!

The scores I posted are with one "credit", i.e. one full game, as many lives as i could use, no continues.

• Advertisement

Balfa wrote:
    one full game, as many lives as i could use, no continues.

Yeah sorry thats what I meant. I didnt explain it too well, and I forgot BOUT THE EXTRA CREDITS.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

I SUCK AT PACMAN!
    here is my first try, might try again some other time if i have some time to kill

isuckatpacman9gf.th.png

Again, it looks like Balfa's going to walk like this one with 71,380 points.
    Any more challengers, get them in tonight - closing this one in the morning.

Well Balfa looks like you've got another title to add to your list !!
    Congrats :D

Yay. I just gave pacman another whirl today. Beat my old score AND got a screenshot. I thought it would be fair to post the screenshot here since there was never an image of my winning score. Here it is with a score of 77,780, again on level 7.

Advertisement