Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US FF:AC date set back to "holiday season"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Well, hopefully that'll give them time to ensure the english voice-acting is top-notch.

Wait a sec, they ARE doing english voice acting ala FFX, aren't they? Or are they just going with subtitles?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I'll be happy with subtitles. :(

Quite annoying. 29th of November is the current date. No doubt that'll end up being early December just in time to make them a tonne of money on Christmas presents... Shower of %$£%&*^£. *sighs*

Their denial of there ever being a September American release date is such a joke. It was on the official website sure. Set to be the day after - though it was said it might take "another month" to get the English voices done. PFFFT. I don't even want dubbing. As I said, I just want subs. Surely they have the script written already. How difficult would it be to put the english subs on the Japanese DVD even (I know it's uncommon).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i hope if they dub this that you can watch it orignally with the japanese voices with english subtitles, i don't want some annoying american voice playing cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Subs all the way imo...

I hate those FFX dubs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

What are you talking about?

FFX was made to look westernish and the voice acting doesn't sound american enough to be annoying. I thought that was one of FFXs strong points. Tbh I don't really mind, I'm used to reading RPGs and I suppose it will feel more like FF7 that way but it would be nice to finally hear what the characters sound like in the eyes of square.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

I just didn't like the voices really... The actors did a crap job imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

A lot of the actors that did FFX also did the animatrix....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

So how many times in total has the release of this film been put back now, I've lost count? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

While i enjoy subtitled movies (mainly Chinese) rather than dubbed ones, with Advent Children id prefer watching a dubbed version. The Japanese voices on the trailers are too distracting for me.

But they 'should' be able to do quality english voice-acting as proved by the MGS series. There's no excuses not to do it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I even registered at IMDB to read about some schmoe getting his ticket to see it and then returning goggle-eyed... strangely enough this delay doesnt bother me, ive lost all "i have to get this now" urge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Yeah, I hated the dub in FFX to be honest. Couldn't stand the all-american jock voice of tidus and the cheerleader-esque Yuna. I'd settle for subtitles for FF:AC.

Advertisement