Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fav designer/label

• 26-08-2005 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭

Whats all y'all fav designers/label???? And fav fashion hotspot, ie milan, paris new york, london etc

Have to say that London is my fav...

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Hugo Boss

Nowere beats paris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Depends on the season. Different design houses do better apparel in spring/summer than they do in their winter range.
    ie- Gucci's summer range was great, yet their autumn/winter stuff are looking a little dodgy.
    TCP/IP: This year, a lot of Hugo Boss stuff is looking tacky.
    I'd have to say that Dolce & Gabana or Versace are my all-round favorites.

My favorite fashion hotspot? Again, depends on the season.
    Typically Europe is great for Winter designs, while west coast USA is good for the summer range.
    ie-
    Champs Elysees in Paris for winter
    Rodeo Drive in LA for Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Tbh I don't think anyone can say where their favourite is unless they've been to them all and to have been to them all just for fashion is a little OTT unless it's relative to your profession in which case fair enough you've valid factual knowledge of the industry and can give a real reason why you'd think this so called "hot spot" of fashion ranks above another. You can of course say why you like the one you've been to but to say favourite be aware without knowledge of all you can't really answer SO I put it to you this way...What fashion hot spot have you visited and what was it like or how did you find the clothes there?

No offence but I just find this thread totally ostentatious. I know it's the fashion forum but for god's sake this thread is vulgar and tawdry because of how pretentious it really is. So kitsch!

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

dont have one. a nice top/skirt is all the same to me, no matter who designed it. I dont care if my clothes are from Penneys or from BT. Saying that, Ive never bought anything in BT, the prices are obscene.
    Fave place to clothes shop is Camden Town in London

Blut wrote:
    Just because D&G dont do shirts in XXXL eh SpiraL :rolleyes:

Wow funny man.
    I don't look like the Spiral days any more m8.
    Keep your ignorance to yourself.

Ry

• Advertisement

I dont find this thread tacky. Speaking from my point of view, I have to travel to all these places in a professional capacity. I also have to decide on which lines and ranges to buy up for the next year's seasons. Going to Milan or Paris is the only way to buy new lines of clothing. I find that some designers are more consistent in the quality, popularity and design of their wares. Not some notion of
    "ah yeahh, I gots me a ben sherman short sleeve shirt and a burberry cap, bud."

I think this thread is more in relation to personal taste than anything else.
    Dolce & Gabanna make great clothes.
    I recently got some (male) D&G G-strings and theyre great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

espirit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Ry wrote:
    No offence but I just find this thread totally ostentatious. I know it's the fashion forum but for god's sake this thread is vulgar and tawdry because of how pretentious it really is. So kitsch!

*Rapturous applause* !!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

Ry wrote:

Ry

You've stabbed me in the back and stole my soul. Thank you very much.

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    I dont find this thread tacky. Speaking from my point of view, I have to travel to all these places in a professional capacity. I also have to decide on which lines and ranges to buy up for the next year's seasons. Going to Milan or Paris is the only way to buy new lines of clothing. I find that some designers are more consistent in the quality, popularity and design of their wares. Not some notion of
    "ah yeahh, I gots me a ben sherman short sleeve shirt and a burberry cap, bud."

I think this thread is more in relation to personal taste than anything else.
    Dolce & Gabanna make great clothes.
    I recently got some (male) D&G G-strings and theyre great.

Well you clearly have an informed position which is fine :) and because of that I'd respect what you have to say entirely on the subject as you're far more in the know than I am.

It's those who are nowhere near your level of experience and yet will presume and propose to be, that I was admonishing the appearance of in this thread and hoping to quell their "eagerness to show", with a quick post to say "hey feck off if you dont REALLY know what you're on about" post :p
    You've stabbed me in the back and stole my soul. Thank you very much.

Didn't mean to but you opened a door to so many possible "saps" coming and tarnishing the thread with nothing but hyped up ignorance. :) Hopefully it won't happen now YAY :D plus we might learn something from those with an authoritive knowledge DOUBLE YAY MOFO'S! :D:D

:p

Ry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Got to be Pennys, although Michael Guineys would come a close second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i'm very into my high fashion alright, even if i can't afford it. i do save money for certain items of clothes if i really really want them but some of my favourite labels you can't even buy in ireland (pretentious, moi? no waaay).
    right now i love chanel, commes des garcons, marc jacobs, blumarine, chloe, dior's new season stuff and occasionally balenciaga.
    i've been to rome and milan and i loved shopping there (especially for shoes), but at the same time i spent 40 quid in penney's the other day on all sorts of things.
    tbh most of my clothes come from topshop and urban outfitters, what with me being a 16 year old with limited money to spend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Energie and american eagle have really cool clothes, and are more reasonably priced but i dont really have a favourite label because you can spot nice clothes before you can spot the label

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

none.i llike clothes and dont have a clue who makes what.usually there is no clear label on mine anyway and i certainly don't look.
    i have got my last few pairs of black trousers from catalogues but don't know what they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Dolce and Gabanna for shoes
    Chloe bags
    Matthew Williamson for clothes as well as topshop!

New York for Fashion!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Found some 'You Are U' lying around and 'Ciao' and they work a treat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Hugo Boss

CP Company

Paul And Shark

;)

Ry wrote:
    Well you clearly have an informed position which is fine :) and because of that I'd respect what you have to say entirely on the subject as you're far more in the know than I am.
    Actually, tbh.
    Im just an 18 year old student pulling your leg/trolling.

I wouldnt know the difference between Gucci and my Furry costume. (see sig)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

haha i admit fuzzy,that was well done :)

i do know the difference and let me tell you,i do not go for the girl in gucci!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Actually, tbh.
    Im just an 18 year old student pulling your leg/trolling.

I wouldnt know the difference between Gucci and my Furry costume. (see sig)

Lol fuzzy ya bleedin' ledge as the youngsters would say.

Only labels I have is Jack and Jones and River Isand. If I see clothes I like that are reasonably priced then that does me down to the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i don't really have a favourite designer label, if i was pushed to say some label i would have to say DVS shoes all my shoes have been DVS for the last 3 years they are too comfortable but i'd hardly call them designer shoes :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

mmm, DVS shoes... *is wearing red DVS right now*
    I don't really have a favourite designer. Partly because I'm broke, and partly because I find flaunting labels to be horribly pretentious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

atmosphere pennys finest

Is Jack Jones stuff expensive? I was given a jacket and I'm afraid the person went mad on it and spent too much. Would a kinda jumper/jacket cost much there does anyone know? Or at least what kind of price range?

Ry

Ry wrote:
    Is Jack Jones stuff expensive? I was given a jacket and I'm afraid the person went mad on it and spent too much. Would a kinda jumper/jacket cost much there does anyone know? Or at least what kind of price range?

Ry

It's not too expensive, a hoodie is anything between 35 and 50 and jumpers come to about the same.

A jacket might be 70 or 80 but to be honest I'm not too sure.

Ok thanks just wanted to be aware how much was spent on me considering I said nothing more than 20 quid :( but that's not too much so it's ok.

Ry

Ry wrote:
    Ok thanks just wanted to be aware how much was spent on me considering I said nothing more than 20 quid :( but that's not too much so it's ok.

Ry

It might have been in the sale but it was a very generous gift otherwise.

Oh I know I love it but I just said nothing over 20 quit and I know they spend over 20 quid on it so just wondered how much over cuz I had said not to :)

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Victorian Maiden and Atelier Boz. I don't have any clothes from either because 1. they don't deliver overseas, 2. I'm somewhat broke and 3. I'm not resident in or a regular visitor to Japan. I just ogle their clothes instead of wearing them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

For me its
    Cyberdog
    Ufo
    SDL

New rock and Buffalo for footwear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

CP Company
    Lacoste
    Fake Genius
    Adidas

Milano

Surprised no-one's mentioned Lacoste yet, the skangers might like to think they've hi-jacked it, but the polos will never look bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Vivienne Westwood :) - if I could afford it!!!! Best structure and designs mefinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Would have to say either Juicy Couture, Roberto Cavalli or Karen Millen (for shoes only). And of course Fendi! Did anyone see Cavalli Eyewear range in BTs this summer? Oh my God, FABULOUS.

hmm i bought a girl perfume in milan and venice,she loved them.since that is the only thing fashionable i have ever bought i guess milan and venice will do for the title of hippest joints on the planet.

has to be river island or topman!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Latent Curehead

I tend to go for inexpensive clothes in the 'high street' shops and really good accessories.

Bags - Tods, Mulberry
    Shoes - Moreo, Shilton, anything Italian
    Scarves - Hermes, Pucci (wear them young and funky and watch the boys' eyes!)

I've found some great bargains in the vintage shops and my mum looks out for me in Oxfam, Barnardos and the Cancer Society shop - amazing what she has picked up for me!

"Fashions fade, style is eternal" Yves Saint Laurent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

jonny68 wrote:
    Hugo Boss

CP Company

Paul And Shark

;)

you a bohs or rovers fan by any chance Jonny ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭TheMurrinator

For casual wear, I like edc by esprit, and roxy, billabong and abercrombie etc...
    But if I'm going into town with my friends or something I'd dress up a bit more and wear ralph lauren, or something?
    I really like river island, bershka, and pennys CAN be good for the odd thing every now and again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Jeans by Marco Antonio
    Shirts by Juliano engotti
    Shoes by Cristiano Ronaldo
    Fragrance Light Blue by Dolce and Gabanna

Advertisement