Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo film by 2007

Options
  • 26-08-2005 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.theregister.com/2005/08/25/xbox_hollywood/
    Microsoft's popular Halo Xbox game is going from the TV screen to the big screen, after two studios agreed to produce a film featuring the game's cyborg hero Master Chief. The film is slated to appear in the summer of 2007.

Wonder will this video-game to movie conversion be any good, or go the way of RE?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The first RE was good - probably the best game to film conversion ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

The first RE was good - probably the best game to film conversion ever.

Not an excatly hard award to get, I mean whats the other competition? The Super Mario Bros. film. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Microsoft's popular Halo Xbox game is going from the TV screen to the big screen, after two studios agreed to produce a film featuring the game's cyborg hero Master Chief. The film is slated to appear in the summer of 2007.
    The adaptation of the popular xbox game is rumoured to be directed by german native Ewe Boll, well known for his celluloid versions of alone in the dark and house of the dead.

:eek: noooooo!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Ah, B*ll*cks- it's the mad German again! :mad:

@ the_syco, that was very bad of you to edit the article and leave out the "Uwe Boll" part out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The adaptation of the popular xbox game is rumoured to be directed by german native Ewe Boll, well known for his celluloid versions of alone in the dark and house of the dead.

Ah FFS, I MEAN FFS

Surely Microsoft wouldn't want their Halo market tarnished by the most untalented director ever to hit the general public eye??????????

I just cannot believe he would be allowed make it... this can not be true.

I mean, House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark are older and less universally recognised franchises, especially the latter at this stage.

But I mean...HALO!! Uwe Boll???? I want to know who made this choice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,448 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

With Microsoft's ridiculous budget demands having been met, that means only one thing:

THEY'RE GOING TO GIVE UWE BOLL LOADS OF MONEY!!!!!

What the hell is the world coming to? At least Halo will be a hugely expensive failure rather than a low budget one... Maybe that will teach Hollywood a lesson...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

maybe uwe boll in years to come will gain a cult following and become the next ed wood :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Since when do people believe what they read on t'internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ever since they confirmed movies for Tekken and Dead or Alive (the latter apparently in post-production).

While they will undoubtedly suck, they may get that whole "block-buster" success based on franchise. Or, in DOA's case, because of...well, TBH, fan-service :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

On the other hand, IMDB is attributing the screenplay to Alex Garland, who also wrote 28 Days Later...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Uwe Boll??? Oh please let it not be true!!! :mad:

I hope they don't do a Judge Dredd on it when Sylvester Stallone played Dredd for five minutes, took off his helmet and played Sylvester Stallone for the rest of the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You're evil, Deadwing. That's good :D

For people that believed it, lol noobs. Press statements have punctuation (and appropriate caps) in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    maybe uwe boll in years to come will gain a cult following and become the next ed wood :D

or fingers croosed he'll just go and join a cult

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

koneko wrote:
    You're evil, Deadwing. That's good :D

Hahaha - got me square between the eyes, not afraid to admit it. Well done Deadwing, nice trick indeed. That'll teach me not to follow the linkies. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I don't care that I was suckered in by that--I'm just glad it's not true :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

hehehe...sorry guys, i just couldnt resist it!
    And i wouldve gotten away with it too, if it hadnt been for my pesky typing skills!!

My heart can beat again.

You bastard. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ri_Nollaig wrote:

Ed Wood believed in the films he made. He just wasn't very good at making them. Uwe Boll makes bad films and he knowns he does. He isn't putting any effort in because he knows win or lose he will make money due to a loophole in german law.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Ed Wood believed in the films he made. He just wasn't very good at making them. Uwe Boll makes bad films and he knowns he does. He isn't putting any effort in because he knows win or lose he will make money due to a loophole in german law.

You'd think that, but even by putting no effort into a film could someone make something as hideous as House of the Dead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Jesus why does uwe boll keep getting work? He is an awful director who hasnt made one decent movie ever.

Movies based on video games tend to suck due to them being changed to appeal to a wider audience than the sub fan base that made them popular in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

What happened to the Tom Clancy film that was to be directed by Woo?

Advertisement