Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of respect on boards.ie

Options
  • 26-08-2005 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right board to post this on (if not, mods feel free to advise) I am really starting to get annoyed by smart unhelpful, rude and just obnoxious comments posted in reply to serious questions or comments, can someone please tell why this happens, do these fools have nothing else to do? Get some kind of kick from slating others opinion.

We are all members here, we take the time to post and reply. So why do some people think they are better then others, or feel the need to make jokes about others posts, questions and opioions, I garentee most smart comments made to me on boards.ie wouldnt be made to my face. 1) cause i am a big bloke. and 2) cause most people wouldnt show the lack of respect in person that causes them let themselves down. I am just sick of it and its starting to put me off posting,

***IDEA*** Would it be possible to add a "report this post' button to all post msgs so that someone can click it and a notification is sent to a mod. Not sure how easy or hard it would be, never programmed for a board dont imagine it would be that hard.

Thanks for your time.
    D
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

there is a report post button...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

See the little red and white triangle in the bottom left corner of your text box?
    Thats the report post button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭cock_adodel_do

dbnavan wrote:
    ***IDEA*** Would it be possible to add a "report this post' button to all post msgs so that someone can click it and a notification is sent to a mod. Not sure how easy or hard it would be, never programmed for a board dont imagine it would be that hard.

Thanks for your time.
    D

report.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

kaimera wrote:
    there is a report post button...

The little roadsign like picture at the end of your user profile on the left is the report post button.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

little red triangular thing in the bottom left corner....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You poor man, I'm going to close this thread before your aformentioned smart alecs surface and make fun of you. If you're not using the default skin, the "Report post" button is always the icon in middle, underneath the user's profile (it won't appear on your own posts, because you can't report your own posts to a mod).

Actually, sorry, it's the icon on the right underneath the profile for you. I have three icons but I'm special.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement