Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferrari and van der Meyde to Everton

• 26-08-2005 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/index.php?page_id=7359

David Moyes has revealed he hopes to bring in two players before the end of the weekend.

The Blues Boss has been targeting Italian defender Matteo Ferrari from Roma and Inter Milan’s Dutch midfielder Andy van der Meyde.

Both players have arrived on Merseyside with Ferrari already having undergone a medical and expected to put pen-to-paper on a deal later today.

However, the Blues are facing a race against the clock to have him registered in time for the 12.00pm deadline that will allow him to play at Fulham.

Van der Meyde will have a medical at Bellefield later today whilst officials from the San Siro and Goodison continue to thrash out a deal.

Moyes told evertonfc.com: “We are looking to bring in a couple of new players

“Matteo Ferrari will hopefully complete today but we don’t know if we will get him registered in time. Even though we will try to if possible."

Moyes added: “Andy Van de Mayde will come in today for a medical and we will see how it goes and hopefully the clubs can agree on a fee.”

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

About Ferrari.....I thought Roma were transfer banned? Can they still negotiate loans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Good signings for the Toffees. They really needed some luck in the transfer market and it's justice they have got it.

I hope Craig Bellamy is looking forward to his relegation battle at Blackburn!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Waster

About Ferrari.....I thought Roma were transfer banned? Can they still negotiate loans?
    The ban was lifted on appeal so Roma can now buy and sell at will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Two good signings for Everton.

VDM has gone off the boil in recent years a bit. But a move might just be what he needs.

Ferrari is a great defender according to reports.

Both players are very young, lots of experience, lots of potential.

If they had come a week earlier it could have made all the difference unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I think van der Meyde might actually do well at Everton. He says he wants to keep his place in the Holland squad. Does he not mean get his place back? Don't like him at all but Everton is a good move for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Valente from Porto has also signed in...

Typical everton waiting until the deadline as usual...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Valente from Porto has also signed in...

Typical everton waiting until the deadline as usual...
    Yeah I saw that earlier, although would he have arrived in the first place had Pistone not got injured is another question.

But it really puzzles me to see three players arriving post CL exit. These are the type of players that could have made the bit of difference that would have seen Everton in the group stages now.

Still though bodes well for the season. I have to say Im particularly looking forward to seeing Ferrari. He comes very highly rated. And while Im not 100% convinced of VDM, again he is a highly rated and exiting player.

Advertisement