Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

http://www.vehiclecenter.co.uk/

Options
  • 26-08-2005 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

There was a thread on this before I know, but has anybody selling a car received a call from this crowd - Vehicle Center (american spelling!)?

I have my car advertised in the evening herald. I got a phone call from an english bloke saying that he has 3 potential buyers in dublin for my car. He went on to explain the process involved.

-Client apporaches them looking for a specific car, mileage, colour etc.
    -They then locate an appropriate car. These clients have specified a price they are willing to pay.
    -Once the car is sound mechanically I am guaranteed this price for it! I have my car in for x amount, I have been guaranteed x + 300 euro for the car.
    - They pass on my phone number to the clients who arrange a time to meet
    - I must accept the agreed price and not a penny less from them, cash
    -They make their money from a finance agreement that the client has signed up to

Sounds good doesnt it!!

Oh, forgot to mention, they dont pass my details on to their clients until I have made an initial deposit to them of 99.99 sterling!!

They sounded very convincing until they mentioned the deposit. He even cracked a few jokes regarding sending him a pint of guinness in the post when I get my money for the car!!

I am just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this crowd? The whole thing has SCAM written all over it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 PerryComo

I got SCAMED by this crowd. I had my car in CBG. They rang me spouting on about a load of people looking for my car and that they had a huge database of people wanting my car. The said id have my car sold by Monday (this was Friday). I was busy so i agreed and gave them my details.

Never heard a thing from them after. Never got a call from any buyer. Never replied to my emails.

Dont ever use them - They are a crowd of conartists...but very very convinving!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Sounds like a scam. Unless you have a very rare and unusual car that also happens to be desireable, no agent is going to approach you with a view to buying your car privately on behalf of a client. They would probably be able to pick up similar cars in the trade or at auction at lower prices. Why would they be bothered with the hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 crazyhorse1980

Con-artists, told them to f$%k off - heard the guy say "This Paddys talking back" before I hung up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 tubes

He phoned me back later and when I told him I wasnt interested he just hung up.

Advertisement