Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steve Collins Vs Roy Jones Jnr

Options
  • 26-08-2005 12:09pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If this fight went ahead who do you think would have won...?I was just reading through some old interviews and it got me thinking.Collins seems very confident he would have come out on top.

"I called him a coward and a yellow dog and I offered to fight him, winners take all. I would have beaten Roy Jones and he knew it!"

So what do you lot think...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

Dub13 wrote:
    If this fight went ahead who do you think would have won...?I was just reading through some old interviews and it got me thinking.Collins seems very confident he would have come out on top.

"I called him a coward and a yellow dog and I offered to fight him, winners take all. I would have beaten Roy Jones and he knew it!"

So what do you lot think...?

Roy would have won it easy.

Jones would have beaten any of the british super middleweights around at the time... eubank, benn, watson... they have all basically admitted as much in their autobiographys. Sugar boy Malinga beat Robin Reid and Nigel Benn. Roy destroyed Malinga in 6 rounds. He stopped everyone he fought at 168 viciously except for Toney, who has never been stopped.

Collins was handled by McCallum early in his career and hurt by Eubank a few times. He would have been embarrassed and humiliated by Jones and needs to shut up and stop being an idiot.

It would have been a brutal demolition.

Nobody beats that 168 version of Jones. Best supermiddle ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

Have to say I think Roy would have won was well. Pretty disappointed when I read that recent article about not paying £135 for his kids birthday present. I know that's not what this thread is about so I'll stop there. Oh and I think Roy would have won by stoppage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Early Stoppage. Jones would just outclass him.

Advertisement