Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Innis And Gunn

Options
  • 26-08-2005 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

Anyone else tried this barrell fermented beer?

Lovely smooth drink, and nicely alcaholic (6.6%)
    Can be pretty expensive (around €3 a bottle in the offo) but you'd only really drink one or two cos it's fairly strong

It's fermented in whiskey barrels in Scotland and has a kind of red ale colour. Tastes kind of like honey or something...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread.

My local has recently started selling this beer and I must say it's a mighty fine tipple. They are selling it for a rather hefty €5 though.

Does anyone know if it's available in any of the supermarkets? My local off license don't stock it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Hendrixcat

It is a fine ale alright. Sweeney's off licence in Phibsboro had it for a while and I also spotted it in an off licence in Swords Village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭bigears

Lilac Wines in Fairview (Philipsburgh Ave) stock it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭randomname2005

I recently had this beer when I was over in Canada! I remembered seeing the name here so I decided to give it a try and converted everyone who drank it. Was quite cheap too, only can$2.50 per bottle.
    Does anyone know anywhere in the D14/16 region that sells it?
    Thanks,
    R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 podgerdodger

try wine and beer warehouse in Stillorgan

• Advertisement

Excellent, thanks, I never even knew that place existed!!
    R

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

McHUghs on the Killbarrack Road also have it...

Thanks again, looks like I might be able to get a regular supply of my new favourite tipple!
    R

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

also now available in Tesco's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I recently had this beer when I was over in Canada! I remembered seeing the name here so I decided to give it a try and converted everyone who drank it. Was quite cheap too, only can$2.50 per bottle.
    Does anyone know anywhere in the D14/16 region that sells it?
    Thanks,
    R

Devenys dundrum
    great range of beers, and nice friendly staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭VODKA-MAN

most 'carry out' off-licences stock innis and gunn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Superquinn carry it in most of their stores and as it's in their World Beer range you should get 5 bottles for the price of 4:)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

It is a truly lovely beer but I dont think it is possible to drink more than 3 bottles. Very unique, a lovely beer.

Bump,
    Does anyone know which company imports/distributes this fine beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Also seen in Superquinn recently. As for importer, I'd suggest maybe ask the offlicence manager in one of the stockists? I remember I asked once, here and they told me. I didn't however write it down.

Prenderb wrote: »
    Also seen in Superquinn recently. As for importer, I'd suggest maybe ask the offlicence manager in one of the stockists? I remember I asked once, here and they told me. I didn't however write it down.

Cheers for the link. I'm trying to convince my boss to stock it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I don't know the name of the company who imports it, but I do know that they are based in Midleton in Cork.

grenache wrote: »
    I don't know the name of the company who imports it, but I do know that they are based in Midleton in Cork.

I must find out who they are. I asked our inbev rep (before he got laid off) about hoegaarden grand cru, and he told me some crowd in midleton were bringing it in and not inbev themselves.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It doesn't appear to be listed on their website, but I'm told C&R are the ones importing Innis & Gunn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

My local off licence sell large bottles of this, I think its a 1 litre bottle. Its very tasty but I only ever buy just the one not sure if I could have more than that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement