Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question Re: Propellorheads Reason 3

• 26-08-2005 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've just started using Reason 3 & would appriciate a few tips regarding some of the basics.

MIDI controling with M-audio 02
    Best Drivers
    Latencey Time
    Best Soundcards

I thought I'd be able to use my Sound Blaster Audigy 2. The latency is off the wall at over 100ms. I've downloaded the latest Creative drivers, but obviously this sound card wasn't dedigned for serious audio editing. The best I've been able to get is 21ms with my laptop's internal soundcard. Wich is strange, considering it's some cheapo generic make.

Appart from buying a new soundcard, can you suggest any other way of getting the latency time down to a good level?

Thanx...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

make sure youre using the creative asio drivers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

get the new Creative X-Fi soundcards... all them there problems will be behind ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

nah dont get creative

get something decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Try the KX drivers ... remember using them ages ago and had much lower latency in Cubase and reason for SB cards . 1-0 latency @ 44,100kHz .. you can always change it to 96,000kHz when exporting ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I use the kX drivers, very configurable. I get 21ms latency at 44khz with my SB Audigy 2. Not bad for a fairly crappy sound card for this sort of thing. :)

I would advise you to get a proper sound card though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Is there anyway you can trigger the synths et al without using a MIDI keyboard, but instead using a computer keyboard (in my case, an ps/2 external one). I'm certain you can do this in reaktor, but I dunno how to do it in reason...Help anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

You can get 3rd party programs that can do it. Just give google a search. Tbh though it would be a lot easier to just get a midi keyboard.

My Roland EM-20 is down the country and I can't justify (or afford) buying another one to use with Reason :mad:
    Thanks for the tip anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 kindelsesh

i have tried to install reason 3 on my laptop since it is my brothers and he has gone away but the license number wont work?

is this because my brother has already used it??

please help

• Advertisement
Advertisement