Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerrang Awards 2005

Options
  • 26-08-2005 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Last nite the most prestigiouis show in metal was held at the Brewery in London, the Kerrang Awards 2005!
    I want to get your opinions so here are the nominees and winners of 2005:

Best Band on the Planet
    Nominations:
    Green Day
    My Chemical Romance
    System of a Down
    HIM
    Foo Fighters

WINNER -- GREEN DAY

Best Live Band
    Nominations:
    Rammstein
    Green Day
    System of a Down
    Slipknot
    Avenged Sevenfold

WINNER -- GREEN DAY

Best Album
    Nominations:
    Green Day "American Idiot"
    System of a Down "Mezmerise"
    My Chemical Romance "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge"
    Foo Fighters "InYour Honour"
    Trivium"Ascendancy"

WINNER-- MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge"

Best Single
    Nominations:
    System of a Down "Bring Your Own Bombs"
    My Chemical Romance "I'm Not OK(I Promise)"
    Foo Fighters "Best of You"
    Nightwish "Nemo"

WINNER-- FOO FIGHTERS "Best of You"

Best British Band
    Nominations:
    Feeder
    Stereophonics
    Funeral for a Friend
    Placebo
    Cradle of Filth

WINNER-- FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND

Best Video
    Nominations:
    My Chemical Romance "Helena"
    Green Day "Holiday"
    System of a Down "Bring You Own Bombs"
    Good Charlotte "Chronicles of Life and Death"
    Weezer "Beverley Hills"

WINNER -- MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE "Helena"

Best International Newcomer
    Nominations:
    Trivium
    Eighteen Visions
    Emanuel
    Lordi
    Still Remains

WINNER-- TRIVIUM

Best British Newcomer
    Nominations:
    Bullet For My Valentine
    Fightstar
    Towers of London
    Nine Black Alps
    The GA* GA*S

WINNER -- BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE

CLASSIC SONGWRITER
    WINNER-- TRENT REZNOR " NINE INCH NAILS"

HALL OF FAME
    WINNER-- IRON MAIDEN

SPIRIT OF ROCK
    WINNER-- KILLING JOKE

SERVICES TO METAL
    WINNER -- ROADRUNNER RECORDS 25

ICON AWARD
    WINNER -- MARILYN MANSON

So there they are the nominees and winners what do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Christ, I don't even know where to start giving out about that.

The one that really stands out is Services To Metal - Roadrunner Records

The same label that, as soon as real Metal went out of fashion, dropped every Metal band it had for nu ****ehawkery and $$$ :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

****ehawkery good god doc your a lyrical gymnast :p....anyway not even gonna bother commentin on that sham of a show but therapy? pulled out of the phil lynott gig to go to that...once again $$$$$...arseholes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

green day *sigh* what a surprise(!) :rolleyes:
    MCR winning just shows that the EMO kids have been out voting in full force

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Is there an Ivor Novello / Mercury - style, well respected by fan and musician alike reward for the Rock/Metal arena that one could look to as an alternative to KERRANG!!!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

WweHardyV2 wrote:
    Last nite the most prestigiouis show in metal was held at the Brewery in London, the Kerrang Awards 2005!
    I think I gave up at this part :)

• Advertisement

I think I gave up at this part :)

:D

Green Day better than S.O.A.D???

Green Days live show better than Rammstein???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I only agree with about 3/4 of them - international newcomer, hall of fame and services to metal. Possibly

Given the nominations I'd saw

Best Band on the Planet
    System of a Down

Best Live Band
    Rammstein

Best Album

Best Single
    System of a Down "Bring Your Own Bombs"

Best British Band
    Cradle of Filth

Best Video
    System of a Down "Bring You Own Bombs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 WweHardyV2

WweHardyV2 wrote:

This was wat they said on the Kerrang website.I thought it was rather funny!!

Green Day are most certainly not better than SOAD. Why in the hell SOAD dn't get the Best Band on the Planet award I dn't no!It must have been all those EMO/PUNK kids that voted for MCR and Green Day!!!

This is who I think should've won

Best Band on the Planet: System of A Down

Best Live Band: Rammstein

Best Album: Mesmerize

Best Video: System of A Down-B.Y.O.B

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I do like System but I think calling them the best band on the planet is a bit far. Calling Green Day the best band on the planet is just silly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Blimey.,
    ......what the heck happened to THAT magazine eh!?..for years they were a service to hard rock/metal etc.....the great bands featured strongly in theire pages. Green Day??..WTF are those muppets doing in REAL musicians territory eh?...SOAD I know little of and have no real wish to...but to also call them the best band aswell on the planet is laughable.

Kerrang cop yerselves on and get back to the reall stuff :)

ciao' ,,amigos....Bagio.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 WweHardyV2

Baggio wrote:
    ...SOAD I know little of and have no real wish to...but to also call them the best band aswell on the planet is laughable.

Maybe SOAD dnt deserve the "accolade" of being crowned the best band on the planet by "KERRANG", but if you look at the nominations they didn't have much competition!You have Green Day the old punk band,HIM the gothic "cult",System of a Down who are OK,My Chemical Romance who have only been known for about a year, and Foo Fighters who are alright.
    None of them really are the best band on the planet but they had to choose one!!

You should try some SOAD's old stuff "Toxicity" and "System of a Down".They are both good albums!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

Seems like pretty typical Kerrang stuff. Reznor getting the classic songwriter award is spot on, but coming from modern day Kerrang who cares :\

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

that makes me cry.Thank god i did not see that travesty.

Baggio wrote:
    Blimey.,
    ......what the heck happened to THAT magazine eh!?..for years they were a service to hard rock/metal etc.....the great bands featured strongly in theire pages. Green Day??..WTF are those muppets doing in REAL musicians territory eh?...SOAD I know little of and have no real wish to...but to also call them the best band aswell on the planet is laughable.

Kerrang cop yerselves on and get back to the reall stuff :)

ciao' ,,amigos....Bagio.....

out of the nominations for best band on the planet, S.O.A.D deserved it more than any of the others

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yip nobody else on the list even comes close.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There's only one response to this.

*facepalm*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

itsa bit of a farce.how can they have a best band on the planet award every year!kerrang is bollox anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Green Day. Metal. Same Sentence.
    need i say more? metal will always be an underground genre, unless, of course, my dream band got together :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Bwahahahahahaha! Great joke guys! Oh wait, it's real... *shudders*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Foo Fighters should have won best band out of the list.

Killing Joke shouldn't have won either. I saw them supporting Motley Crue and they've turned into a sort of slipknot wannabe band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

The only awards on that I agree with are Iron Maiden and Marilyn Manson. The rest of them....pffffft.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Jesus, it's kerrang! people, a glorified Smash Hits for spooky kids.

Take no notice of these awards, they're utterly inconsequential and reflective of their readership - 12-16 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

WweHardyV2 wrote:
    Last nite the most prestigiouis show in metal was held at the Brewery in London... Kerrang awards

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

kerrang is just the same as mtv, its ment to be out there but sticks to very SAFE music and gives basicly what the mainstream ppl want to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

Best International Newcomer
    Trivium

spot on, apart from that - meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

Total rubbish but sure it's only EMO kids that vote in Kerrang polls anyway. I'd like to see a Terrorizer or Brave Words awards show.

Picture it....awards ceremony takes place in a Norwegian forest.....
    Only sound through the trees is the wind and a haunting melody written totally on a cheapy cheap Casio keyboard.

*drumroll pppplease*
    "...and the award for best newcomer goes to......*hush falls over the grim, necro crowd*.......WINTERSUN!!!!!! Infernal Hails to the winner!!!!!!"

Then the boyos from Immortal storm the stage/treestump, pull off some fantastic poses with ridiculous backgrounds. Varg kills them and ends up back in prison (obviously this is next years awards if Varg is even attending) and Cradle of Filth wash out their hair and makeup and try to run away with the screaming journalists who claim that Gorgoroth put everyone up to it by just thinking about being there. Amon Amarth arrive and hack the heads of those jounalists with their mighty glaves and then leg it back to their Viking ships and sail home (around the bend in the river) before the cops get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Best band on the planet Green Day? NO!! SOAD? NO!! It starts with An S and ends with a LAYER..anyone get it yet SLAYER then there is always Metallica and the outstanding Opeth but Kerrang is a joke aimed at 12 year old Slipknot "fans" to 14/15 My Chemical Romance "fans"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

j0e wrote:
    kerrang is just the same as mtv, its ment to be out there but sticks to very SAFE music and gives basicly what the mainstream ppl want to hear.
    that is such bulls**t j0e. i cant believe you actually said that. it proves you dont watch mtv at all. because

they dont play music video's anymore :D

it's pimp my ride channel

• Advertisement

orange county chopper!!!1!8

MTV,like kerrang,should be destroyed.

merlin,you are right about slayer,but lay off the slipknot fans *shakey fist*

Advertisement