Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Moncrief radio show

Options
  • 26-08-2005 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Does anyone listen to this on Newstalk between 2:30 and 4:30?, I used to dip into it every now and again and it seemed to comprised of Sean (or his stand-in) reading out readers texts. I assumed I was just missing any features but yesterday I heard the whole show and the 2 hours seemed to be made of 30 minutes of items and 90 minutes of readers texts, must be the easiest show to make on radio!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Gemsbok15

Spot on, the programme is totally driven by text and audience interaction through text, there are little more than 3 items, if you could call them that, in each programme, but still the programme moves along in its merrily little way, most of the text driven today was by a device to antagonise the audience into a Brit bashing frenzy by constantly updating the cricket results with a backing track of God Save the queen, death threats etc. abounded, from some of the more fervent listeners who didn't realise they were being wound up and reacted as anticipated by the producer. Its not my cup of tea, but it is gaining a following, by using text in the same way as Joe Duffys Liveline & Tom Brannigans Late Night Talk programme uses callers on air, but more and more the 98fm talk show and all Newstalks programmes use listeners texts to drive opinion and content, so text has become a cornerstone of these programmes, 5/7 Live never read texts as far as I've heard, only emails, but Matt Cooper on Today FM and Hook on Newstalk always do, interspersing texts with interviews, the format does work well, but I would like if they put members of the public up like they do on Duffy & Brannigan as well as using text.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dodgydes

I think its a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Please don't drag up ancient threads. If you want to discuss Moncrief again, start a new thread in Radio.

Also, I didn't realise radio show had readers. TIL.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement