Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I need a bit of help

Options
  • 26-08-2005 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Just started a new job and need to buy a better car as I will be driving up to 500miles + per week. Could anyone recommend what type of secondhand car to go for (price range at the most 7-8 grand) which is fuel efficient, very reliable and not to bad looking at the same time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

a Golf 1.9 tdI (110bhp) should do the trick.
    have a look at carzone.ie theres a few of em in your budget range

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

What about the Bus.

Will the car be an essential part of your job.

If so ask for a company car or get good mileage and subsistence allowance.

If not, then get the bus mate or the train. If neither are in close approximity then go for a Seat Leon TDI (Cheaper than the Golf, but just as good)

If i was you, and this is what i should have done. Get an Opel Corsa Van deisel off course or a car van of some type. Toyota Corrolla maybe.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

PlayaFlow wrote:
    The equivelent Seat Leon would be cheaper, in case you don't know, the Leon is basically a Golf with a (better looking) Seat body and a few of the Golf options as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

PlayaFlow wrote:

mmmm Golf TDI *drool*

</end useless post>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

maybe even consider a passat , if your doing that kinda milage the comfort of a bigger car would benefit you

• Advertisement
Advertisement