Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom broadband home starter for €29.99/mth. Since when ?

• 26-08-2005 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me since when did Eircom have this offer ?

I recently paid my bill and am still on the €39.99/mth. Maybe this will be switched next time on the bill.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭DjDangerousDave

Press Release:

eircom is also introducing a new promotional price for its ‘always on’ eircom standard broadband product of €29.99 per month. This promotional price applies to first time customers that sign up between July 2005 and September 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭gqma0

So they charge existing customers €10 more per mth that new customers to join them ?

That's not really fair. I'll have a word with them and see how they can charge different prices for the same service just for the sake of attracting new customers.

If it's the way it is, then I'll switch providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭gqma0

OK. that answers my questions

Always read the small lines

** The eircom broadband home starter promotion includes standard and self install connections. This promotion also includes a Wi-Fi modem. This offer will apply to all orders placed by the 18th September 2005. The monthly rental of €29.99 will apply until 31st of March, 2006. After the 31st March 2006, the monthly rental of €39.99 will apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Fairly likely they'll do something with the prices/speeds in March/April next year, so it makes sense to run the promotion until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

gqma0 wrote:
    OK. that answers my questions

Always read the small lines

** The eircom broadband home starter promotion includes standard and self install connections. This promotion also includes a Wi-Fi modem. This offer will apply to all orders placed by the 18th September 2005. The monthly rental of €29.99 will apply until 31st of March, 2006. After the 31st March 2006, the monthly rental of €39.99 will apply.

Theres no way in hell that eircom will up the price for their "new" customers to €39.99 next March!
    BT provide 1Mbit 12GB CAP to ALL its customers at €30, after the promotional price, no discrimination what so ever!!!

Customers before eircoms price drop, it appears will be stuck with €39.99 a month and have no say in the matter.....I wonder how many of these customers will continue with eircom after their contracts expire???
    The short answer is sadly....most of them and eircom know it!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement