Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC / Limerick Soccer

• 26-08-2005 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here follow soccer in the city and go to see limerick play?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

I've been a few times but I don't go to every game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Ya iv been to most of the home games this year its been cool i caN see good things
    for the club and would just like to see more Limerick people who are intrested in football
    to go to games and support the team, who knows what could happen in a few years @ limerick if people support them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

I think once they get promoted, which looks like it could be this season, then you'll see the fans coming. The likes of Shels, Rovers and Cork City will draw a huge crowd and I'm sure some of them will stay. Limerick soccer fans have always been there for the big games in past seasons so the support is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yeah, but Limerick doesnt really seem to watch their teams play unless its on TV!!!
    The start of the season of Munster, or Limerick GAA... but espically Basketball and Soccer!
    But at least soccer has the medias attention, Basketball is virtually unknown in the city while in Cork it is one of the top sports!!!
    I dont get why more ppl dont go when Soccer and Basketball are the sports people play with there friends on at least a monthy bases!!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

I'd like to go, one of my friends neighbours are Kelly's Buses, and they operate some of the bus services to the games, so i might go eventually with him. Its great to see them improving, they have come on hugely in the last year or so.

• Advertisement

Its all about money teams need money to pay players its seems now the new
    management of the club are doing good things and getting in a few players, i really
    dont think we will get promoted this year the team seem to have a problem winning
    at home even do we beat dublin city 3-1 @ the last home game.
    There are a few local lads playing 4 us know that seems to be getting more people
    to go like robbie kelleher the center forward who i used to play with and can tell
    you he is some player also shane guiren has come into the side reacently even do i dont think he has got a game but is anothre player i have played with and is one to
    watch out 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

shane guerin is gonna be a top quality star he is captinin the u-21's at the moment

True Chubb! Jossys (shane guerin) only problem that i could see is
    his weight, he looks to me as he needs to work on that a bit.

also sweeney the certer medfilder that came back to limerick from cork
    man he is a lovely footballer seems to get very tired after a few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

i kno josse guerin very well i think he will be a potential star

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Lads ill bump up the more recent thread and we'll continue from there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Lads ill bump up the more recent thread and we'll continue from there?

One of the mods I'm sure could merge them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement