Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemtrails or Contrails?

Options
  • 26-08-2005 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

What's the difference between a jet contrail and a chemtrail?
    According to the U.S. Air Force, jet contrails form above 33,000 feet when hot engine exhaust momentarily condenses ice crystals into pencil-thin vapor trails that quickly vanish like the wake behind a boat.

Chemtrails (CTs) look like contrails initially, but are much thicker, extend across the sky and are often laid down in varying patterns of Xs, tick-tack-toe grids, cross-hatched and parallel lines. Instead of quickly dissipating, chemtrails expand and drip feathers and mare s tails. In 30 minutes or less, they open into wispy formations which join together, forming a thin white veil or a "fake cirrus-type cloud" that persists for hours.

In August 2000, chemtrail watchers began to report "more normal" appearing or nearly invisible jet sprays. However, these reports go on to include cloud formations dripping the feathers and mare s tails just as the chemtrails do. It s our belief that the operation has adjusted the chemtrail mix as word about the phenomenon is spreading and as more and more people are looking up. Observant chemtrail watchers continue to see the "fake cirrus-type clouds" on top of and surrounding real cumulus clouds.

Who is doing the spraying?
    Witnesses have documented and photographed military KC-135s and KC-10s and white, unmarked jets. Airport personnel and pilots have also confirmed specific commercial airliners to be leaving the long lasting chemtrails.

Thoughts anyone? Anyone see this going on here??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

As much as I like conspiracy theories, I think this particular topic is the biggest load of sausages and rashers this side of Dennys.

Yes, I've seen the photoshopped pics of "chemtails" and well...lots of regular pics of passenger plane contrails and for the life of me I cant understand what all the fuss is about. I think we've all seen contrails high in the sky on a fine day where weather conditions cause the trails to grow and help form cirrus clouds.

Contrail formation depends on the humidity of the atmosphere. When relative humidity is low, contrails dissipate within seconds. But when relative humidity is high, the addition of even a tiny amount of water vapor acts as a catalyst. Under these conditions, contrails may linger and spread to cover the whole sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

This is one of the more far fetched ones I agree, but one of the defining point of the chemtrails is that they occur lower in the at an altitude lower than 33,000 feet which shouldn't happen.

I've also seen a few convincing videos which appear unaltered and show chemtrails forming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Yeah but chemtrails descend to the ground like a giant fine web.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Chemtrail4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Darkstar05

Well, lets put it this way. For any of you poor souls, who simply refuse to believe that anything can be going on , then accept we are all just mad, conspiracy nuts, and go back to your sausages and rashers,and cup o ' Tay! and be happy

Everyone else read on.

I started noticing these earlier inthe year, and have been watching them. This morning, I was watchingt he jets returning from the US. I live on the west, close to Shannon, and see the jets coming in over the coast early morning.

While watching, I noticed a slow moving aircraft comingt he opposite way. Unusual, because most of the passenger lights do not leave for the US until late morning, or early PM.

This aircraft was leaving a thick, white trail, which spread out to form a wide band, which I would estimate to be several miles wide, from horizon to horizon.

Yes, I know you are going to say it was a normal contrail - except the jets coming in fromthe US, were leaving small thin vapour trails, ALL of which dissapated within 1-2 minutes of the jet passing, and they were very small.

I took pictyres where you can see the huge plume of white 'cloud' formng fromt he trail, along with 2 jets in the picture with small thin trails.

This is proof that what these guys are dropping is not a standard vapour trail.

just my thoguhts. - you are welcome to the pics, just drop me a mail if you wish.

DS05

• Advertisement

Darkstar05 wrote:
    I took pictyres where you can see the huge plume of white 'cloud' formng fromt he trail, along with 2 jets in the picture with small thin trails.

This is proof that what these guys are dropping is not a standard vapour trail.

just my thoguhts. - you are welcome to the pics, just drop me a mail if you wish.

DS05

You should post the pics here Darkstar. Chemtrails have been sighted around Shannon before, and are widespread across the States, but nobody knows quite what they are. There was a good thread in the paranormal forum once, of another sighting there, with photos from someone who had experience in flying aircraft.

Here's one from Limerick:

http://www.chemtrailcentral.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001463.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

so what exactly is the conspiracy (personally i dont think there is one)

what purpose could the "chemicals" being sprayed possibly have?

_raptor_ wrote:

You don't think goverment jets spraying chemicals over large areas of civilian land is worthy of investigation? The conspiracy is: are the government spraying chemical substances on the population, and if so, why?

Read some Faqs:
    http://www.rense.com/general4/fre.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Darkstar05

There was a good thread in the paranormal forum once, of another sighting there, with photos from someone who had experience in flying aircraft.

Hi Kernel,

That post was mine I think. Thats when I first noticed them. I have been watching them for several months now, and sure enough, there is definitely something different about the chemtrails. I would post the pics, but they are high res, and would take up too much space. if you would liek to see them, please mail me and I will happily send them to you.

DS05.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

if ye wanna email me the pictures to damien@v2-visuals.com i can optimize them and opst them up here no bother at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Darkstar05 wrote:
    There was a good thread in the paranormal forum once, of another sighting there, with photos from someone who had experience in flying aircraft.

Hi Kernel,

That post was mine I think. Thats when I first noticed them. I have been watching them for several months now, and sure enough, there is definitely something different about the chemtrails. I would post the pics, but they are high res, and would take up too much space. if you would liek to see them, please mail me and I will happily send them to you.

DS05.

Hey I remember that...

Forteantimes linked to an interesting article recently. I'll see if I can dig it up.

OH screw that! Look what I just found Darkstar!

http://www.chemtrailcentral.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001463.html

Here's the story Forteantimes linked to:

http://www.rinf.com/news/nov05/chem.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 2minute Hate

http://www.awake.moonfruit.com

just came across this post by chance.... good to see some people r waking
    up to this newish addition to our skies....
    1. JUST START LOOKING AT THE SKY ON CLEAR DAYS!!!

2. REALISE THAT THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL MAN MADE EVENT..

3. ALL GOVERNMENTS IN ALL COUNTRIES WHERE IT IS BEING DONE HAVE
    REFUSED TO ACHKNOWLEDGE THAT IT IS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DESPITE MANY REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION BY VARIOUS PARLIMENT MEMBERS

4. NORMAL VAPOUR TRAILS DISSAPEAR ...AND DEFINATELY DO NOT
    FORM CLOUD COVER and residues ...american research has proven to contain
    dangerous toxins and some gentically modified cells!!!!!!!!

5.THE PLANES BEING USED OVER EUROPEAN CITIES ARE MOSTLY U.N. PLANES!! iTALIAN MPS HAVE BEEN INFURIATED BY THIS INTRUSION BUT
    THE ITALIAN GOV. STILL REFUSES TO INVESTIGATE!

6. PEOPLE IN AREAS WHICH ARE HEAVILY SPRAYED BECOME ILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. IT HAS BEEN PROVEN THAT CHEMTRAIL SPRAYING CANNOT BE
    A DEFENSE AGAINST GLOBAL WARMING FOR LOW LEVEL REFLECTIVE
    CLOUD COVER ACHIEVES NOTHING MORE THAN TRAPPING MORE HEAT....
    IT WOULD NEED TO BE DONE AT ULTRA HIGH LEVELS TO MAKE SENSE...

8. THERE ARE MANY THEORIES ... BUT PLEASE DO NOT BRAND IT THIS
    CONSPIRACY.... THE SIMPLE FACT IS THAT THIS COULD BE A HEALTH
    ISSUE.... AND WHY O WHY DO GOVERNMENTS DENY ITS EXISTENCE???????

IT EXIST...IT IS NOT NORMAL VAPOUR .... U WILL AGREE AFTER A FEW
    WEEKS OF OBSERVATION ... SO PLEASE JUST KEEP AN EYE ON THE
    SKY FROM NOW ON ...AND IF U GET ANY GOOD PICTURES OR INFO
    E-MAIL ME AT THE WEB-SITE I'M BUILDING UP ON THE SUBJECT,

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE... I HAVE PICS OF IRISH CHEMTRAILS TOO
    AND A BUNCH OF VIDEO DOCUMENTARY LINKS ...

http://www.awake.moonfruit.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 2minute Hate

As much as I like conspiracy theories, I think this particular topic is the biggest load of sausages and rashers this side of Dennys.

Yes, I've seen the photoshopped pics of "chemtails" and well...lots of regular pics of passenger plane contrails and for the life of me I cant understand what all the fuss is about. I think we've all seen contrails high in the sky on a fine day where weather conditions cause the trails to grow and help form cirrus clouds.

Contrail formation depends on the humidity of the atmosphere. When relative humidity is low, contrails dissipate within seconds. But when relative humidity is high, the addition of even a tiny amount of water vapor acts as a catalyst. Under these conditions, contrails may linger and spread to cover the whole sky.

Ur info is corrupt!
    Normal contrails are composed of fragile ice crystals formed by aircraft flying at altitudes of 31,000 feet or greater. At altitudes below 31,000 feet, these normal vapor condensation trails are simply not able to form behind an aircraft, regardless of its type or design. Above 31,000 feet, normal contrails appear pencil-thin in construction when observed from ground level, and in nearly all instances, tend to totally evaporate within a minute or so, rarely extending for any appreciable distance behind the emitting aircraft.

ChemTrails on the other hand, have been observed being generated by aircraft flying at altitudes as high as 33,000 feet and as low as 8,000 feet—but generally, below 30,000 feet. Since normal contrails can not form at these low altitudes, any contrail formation that is observed at these elevations is probably not a contrail at all, but a genuine ChemTrail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Ur info is corrupt!
    Normal contrails are composed of fragile ice crystals formed by aircraft flying at altitudes of 31,000 feet or greater. At altitudes below 31,000 feet, these normal vapor condensation trails are simply not able to form behind an aircraft, regardless of its type or design. Above 31,000 feet, normal contrails appear pencil-thin in construction when observed from ground level, and in nearly all instances, tend to totally evaporate within a minute or so, rarely extending for any appreciable distance behind the emitting aircraft.

ChemTrails on the other hand, have been observed being generated by aircraft flying at altitudes as high as 33,000 feet and as low as 8,000 feet—but generally, below 30,000 feet. Since normal contrails can not form at these low altitudes, any contrail formation that is observed at these elevations is probably not a contrail at all, but a genuine ChemTrail

Please name the site that you are quoting/plagiarising. This one being http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicchems.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

4. NORMAL VAPOUR TRAILS DISSAPEAR ...AND DEFINATELY DO NOT
    FORM CLOUD COVER and residues ...american research has proven to contain
    dangerous toxins and some gentically modified cells!!!!!!!!

Don't suppose you've any sort of proof or links to proof of any sort of research being done on these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cockmynut

Yeah, while I believe that chemtrails are interesting and definitely worthy of investigation, I think that if you claim someone else said or did something, it's just common sense to provide a source or a way for us to find the source.

Personally, I have heard and read about these experiments but not much.

It's apparently a conspiracy by multiple governments and military forces who are spraying toxic chemicals and particles into the atmosphere. As for the purpose, I don't know. Some have claimed it's an effort to slow down global warming, which is just an idiotic reason if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

1) "Chemtrails" are just normal condensation trails.

2) The so-called chemtrail haze is just virga.

3) Criss-cross patterns, asterisks, As, Vs, Xs in the sky form because planes follow radio beacons.

4) Contrail persistence is a function of air relative humidity.

5) On/off trails occur because the plane flies through pockets of dryer air.

6) There is the storage problem of if there is something being ejected where is it being store on the plane?

7) Aluminum oxide emission is caused by SRMs.

8) Barium compounds emission is caused by mining and refining industrial processes.

9) one of the by-products of burning jetfuel is water vapor, and that we're dealing with temps between -20 and -80 degrees at altitude, which turns water vapor into crystals

So what site did you plagiarise then?

cockmynut wrote:
    So what site did you plagiarise then?

Is that addressed to me?

It is.

• Advertisement

cockmynut wrote:
    It is.

It's not it's from an old newsgroup posting, I got after I did some examination into chemtrails, when a site I was involved in started getting spammed with chemtrail evidence.

Not being a pilot or aviations expert I don't claim knowledge in every field, so if I don't know the answer to a question I try and find someone who does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I saw two of these across the sky in Limerick today. Unusually one aircraft was 10-20 seconds behind the other, going in the same direction, both left behind visible white trails.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It's not that unusual. If you watched long enough I'd expect you'd see the second plane overtake the first. They'll have had a clear altitude separation, managed by Shannon ATC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement