Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monaghan

Options
  • 26-08-2005 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    We suddenly planned a trip to Monaghan for tonight and I'm in the driving seat as per usual.

What's the best way to get there from Bray? M50?

I looked here but it suggests going through the city so I'm wondering is there not a quicker, easier route to take?

Any feedback appreciated, thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Try www.aaireland.ie and then click on the link for route finder (I'd give you the exact url but any sites worth mentioning are blocked from my work..apart from boards of course)

It may be easier to go through town depending on what time you're leaving, as at least you should get a quick run into town and then a bit of commuting traffic from city centre to M1 whereas the M50 tends to be f*cked for a few hours on a friday evening !

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

this is a good site as well.

http://www.ie.map24.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Cool thanks for that. The ie.24 one suggests I go on the M50 :o

How jammed is the m50 at about 7 on a Friday going from Bray to Swords area?

so you reckon I'd be mad to take the m50 as far as swords at this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Go the all the way around the M50 then take the M1.Turn off at the Ardee exit. when you get to ardee at the second round about head for carrickmacross/monaghan. Very simple and probably the fastest way to get there

• Advertisement

That sounds easy, thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Advertisement