Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards slow to load

Options
  • 26-08-2005 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

is anyone else finding boards slow to load during the last week? , or is it just me.

often a page takes a minute to load, and sometimes timesout.

i am accessing from ucd so it could well be our end.

cheers

liam
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Nah, Boards has been dodgier than usual the last couple of months. Slow to load, some pages not working and at least once a day, I get the 'there is a problem with the database' message when I try to access www.boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Same here. On NTL. I have found it slow in general. Loads of new members loading down the server?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jsr

yeah it is as slow to load as....ah.....well....... I can't think of anything else as slow. Pain in the neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I would have attributed it to a heavy user load :confused: but maybe not.

Ry

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

It's really starting to piss me off. I was going to start a thread on it, but then again, you know how they'd all react - probably ending in the big aul' PayPal icon...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

As best we can figure, something about the new upgrade has been putting an unusual strain on our resources. We're looking into doing something about it (mostly Regi is looking into doing something about it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

so i'm not the only one then.

i took me three attempts to load the reply notification for this thread. poo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

its been slow for me aswell but i plod along with it.
    it maybe that the management may need to invest in a new server due to more heavy traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Its annoying, but its happening much less frequently now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement