Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Image On Oceanic-Air.com *Spoilers*

• 26-08-2005 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

Check this out:

navi_bottom_shadow.jpg

What is the mechanical device on the reverse of the card?

Edit: Cathy has been good enough to provide us with a reverse.

upside-down.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Lamia

I'd guess it was a boat part, but it might have something to do with the security system? Hmmm

Im wondering what the thing on the left hand side of the first pic near the top is though...looks like a cartoon person or something. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

See the H14 in the top left corner of the reversed version of the picture?

I wonder if it refers to a seat number on the plane.

[edit - at the bottom right of the seating chart, there's a green button saying Pre-Board Check-In. Click it and ETHAN ROM comes up on the screen, with boxes underneath. Drag the letters and rearrange to make OTHER MAN, and you get a short clip. Not sure if that's new or not, but I just noticed it.]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

it has to be a drivehsaft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The boat has "NY" on the funnel? kinda wierd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

The boat has "NY" on the funnel? kinda wierd?

Remember when Michael told Walt that he became interested in architecture and engineering? He said it was because he saw some building in New York and that's what got him into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I find myself wondering why Michael is still in "recovery" by the time Walt is in Sydney. It looks very strange to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

weemcd wrote:
    it has to be a drivehsaft

iof it is a driveshaft could there be a relation to charlie being from driveshaft?

the more little titbits get released the more more spine begins the tingle

356B_driveshaft_big.JPG

Yeah I googled for a driveshaft too, couldn't make any connection between the two pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

does anyone know what the letters next to the 'ALL FLIGHTS CANCELLED' yellow sign mean?

• Advertisement

also... what the ???? is that hidden message all about?

... if you zoom in on the island picture for quite a bit you should soon get it... you're best of copying it though as it does not fit in the space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Driveshaft (covered):

16-unitized%20driveshaft.jpg

Driveshaft (piece by piece):

DriveShaft.gif

Moth-Driveshaft.jpg

Whoops.. and scratch that last one! :D

coupling7dg.jpg

imo this looks like some sort of (no joke) muff coupling:
    muff_image.gif

:D what a name :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

loon wrote:
    also... what the ???? is that hidden message all about?

... if you zoom in on the island picture for quite a bit you should soon get it... you're best of copying it though as it does not fit in the space.
    What hidden message?

at the top... on the 'taking you places you've never imagined'...

copy it, zoom in a few dozen times and ctrlA it... if you can't copy it, then just ctrlA it and zoom in loads, but this way it really hard to make out as it does not fit in the flash

loon wrote:
    at the top... on the 'taking you places you've never imagined'...

copy it, zoom in a few dozen times and ctrlA it... if you can't copy it, then just ctrlA it and zoom in loads, but this way it really hard to make out as it does not fit in the flash
    By "zoom" I assume you mean change the text size? Are these the hidden messages you're talking about?:

"I survived a horrific plane crash and am stranded on an island somewhere Northeast of Australia and Southwest of Hawaii. In the event that I am never found, please forward word of my fate to my parents."

"If anyone should find this message, please get word I'm alive and stranded on an island somewhere in the South Pacific. Please send help soon. Things are bad. And they're getting worse...

Sally"

These have been brought up before. They're related to something that happens in the final 3 episodes.

NO NO NO...

the picture at the top... i cannot show it as it is on flash and not an image...blue sky, blue sea, white beach, green trees etc.. right click on it an zoom in.. got it.. i stole it via a flash glitch and did it on a fax viewer..

loon wrote:
    NO NO NO...

the picture at the top... i cannot show it as it is on flash and not an image...blue sky, blue sea, white beach, green trees etc.. right click on it an zoom in.. got it.. i stole it via a flash glitch and did it on a fax viewer..
    Ok, I've zoomed in using flash but Ctrl-A does nothing. Still don't see a hidden message. I can get the smoke to move, that's about all.

you have to zoom in loads, but if your looking at it through the flash you'll not see it... but its layered under the trees on the right. ctrl a (select all) only works if you download the image, it makes it a little easier to see.... but then again, i may be seeing what i want to see (you know like the vase/two silhouette faces picture).

loon wrote:
    you have to zoom in loads, but if your looking at it through the flash you'll not see it... but its layered under the trees on the right. ctrl a (select all) only works if you download the image, it makes it a little easier to see.... but then again, i may be seeing what i want to see (you know like the vase/two silhouette faces picture).
    When you say "download the image" to you mean downloading the .swf file? I've done that but Ctrl-A does nothing as you can't "select all" in a flash. Can you print screen what you're seeing and upload the image to www.imageshack.us to show us what you mean?

• Advertisement

i've got software that lets me do it...

but you need corresponding software to view...

... from the looks of it, i think there's nothing there... because now in the smoke, there is something that looks like the eye of ra (i write ra so people know what i mean), but its layered.

... my advice is to forget about it for now, as i may have stumbled on an unfinished flash or something... because i doubt that they would go to so much effort to hide something.

The Dark Territory is now available to explore in a join-the-dots type way. And when you've all then joined. You get a funny deleted scene from the pilot with Shannon and Charlie discussing Driveshaft. Found a couple of new pictures along the way:

dt1.JPG

dt2.JPG

dt3.JPG

dt4.JPG

whoever's playing black has to be the worst/unluckiest player i've ever seen... unless its a clue...

does anyone know what the 'se' and 'nd' represent next to the yellow all flights cancelled??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

loon wrote:
    does anyone know what the 'se' and 'nd' represent next to the yellow all flights cancelled??

It's a message hidden behind the box. This is the full message upon viewing the page source:
    If anyone should find this message, please get word I'm alive and stranded on an island somewhere in the South Pacific. Please send help soon. Things are bad. And they're getting worse...

and this message can sometimes be seen mingled with the text in the yellow box:
    I survived a horrific plane crash and am stranded on an island somewhere Northeast of Australia and Southwest of Hawaii. In the event that I am never found, please forward word of my fate to my parents.

oh its just that...

i thought it may have been something else... no matter.

Basq what's that first pic of?

qz wrote:
    Basq what's that first pic of?
    I believe it's a close-up of the polar bear Walt and Michael encountered in "Special"

- you can see it's eyes and snarling mouth!

So it is, I thought that the nose was a mouth, and the little dot above (the eye, I presume), made up this really weird sloth-like creature.

I'm in need of sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Sorry for dragging up old posts, but I thought it might be interesting to develop a portfolio of the images being found on the site. RawrLostzilla came up with the last one, so I thought I'd throw the two of them up here together.

navi_bottom_shadow.jpg
    navi_top_shadow.jpg

The metal girder on the second shot resembles a punch-card used in early computer programming. Given the apparent age of the computers in the hatch, its reasonable to assume that this might be the case. If it is, then there would have to have been a prior connection between Michael / Walt and the hatch. My money is still on Brian Porter being in league with The Others.

Advertisement