Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing celebs

Options
  • 26-08-2005 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

In one of my other threads, i told you that i could edit pictures.... so i wanted to show you what i can do. i know its only basic, but its enough to get me started. Remember that i'm only 13 years old lol, i'm not that good and yes i'm stupid for think about carees at me age!

los-mjackson.jpg
    This is the orginal,
    Michealjackson.png
    then i took away all the bad things :P

Michealjackson2.png

then for a laugh, i turned his hair dark purple.

What you think? i hope you like it.... i can do loads more, i just need a fat celeb now

tonychristiePAComicrelief.jpg
    Before,

Tonychristie.png
    after, i think a took a few years off.

someone said i had to work on them more,
    TC2.png
    so i did this, but i dont knwo if it is making him look better or worse

char_frankbutcher.jpg
    Before, this one was hard because the wrinkles he has adds him charactor. i think :P

Frank.png
    again, i knocked a few years off,

a_schwarzenegger.jpg
    Before

Arnoldsw.png
    He looks wierd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Thats looking really good and natural . Keep up the good work, read lots of tutorials and you might find yourself a career in photoshopping some day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ParkerD

i didnt even use Photoshop :), i use Photoimpression5. i do want to take this up as a career

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Em, to be honest, not to just shunt you, but they aren't much good. I think you should go look at some tuts. They are alright, but you could work on them more.

oh ok, ill try and do better next time. sorry to dissapoint you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Shrimp wrote:
    Em, to be honest, not to just shunt you, but they aren't much good. I think you should go look at some tuts. They are alright, but you could work on them more.

Shrimp you are so ****ing predictable.

ParkerD, keep up the good work. Shrimp only appreciates things if it's better than what he can do, and if it's not he makes a point of saying it's not very good. He's dieing for you to say 'well yeh like you could do better' just so he can post his creations and get a few people saying how wonderful he is.

If you can get hold of a copy of photoshop then you'll be able to follow loads of good tutorials at sites like http://www.good-tutorials.com/. - They're a bit harder to follow with non-photoshop programs.

Have a look at this:
    http://glennferon.com.nyud.net:8090/portfolio1/portfolio01.html

it's someone doing the same sort of thing, retouching celeb photos. The trickiest thing is to keep it looking real - the ultra-airbrushed look in some of these just makes em look silly.

Also take a look at:

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=3143

and

http://www.worth1000.com/cache/contest/contestcache.asp?contest_id=7145&start=1&end=10&display=photoshop

Just keep screwing around!

• Advertisement

them women look soo fake, thats why i dont work on them too much. because they end up looking like a Drawing not a photo. Thanks Dangerman, thats made me feel much better.
    I will post more in but i cannot think of anymore Celebs i could edit.... can someone post in a image and like ask me what they want doing with it. sort of like a request thing?

Thanks Dangerman

You can also download a photoshop trial from adobe website which is a good way to get to know it . I really have to say it at this point , though alot of people will argue , you have to use photoshop if you want to get good. I am putting my nads on the line by saying that but Im afraid it is true , nothing comes close.

ps Nice job on arnie ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Your work on Arnie is excellent ParkerD - far better than I could ever come up with.

Shrimp your definition of "not much good" is not what the rest of us would define it as. Give the lad a break ffs.

Here look as I've said before, i'm not going to just glam up my opinions. I'll say what I like as long as it's not straight out slagging, and it's in the rules. I had to options, say yeah they are good enough, work a bit more. Or say, they are not much good. I dont think that they are good enough, and i do think they are not much good. So which do you prepose I'd say? I know this guy is prolly pretty young, he comes acrossas being, which is grand, but just cos of that fact, it doens't mean you cant sound "harsh".

Shrimp wrote:
    So which do you prepose I'd say?

Nothing - hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Shrimp wrote:
    Here look as I've said before, i'm not going to just glam up my opinions. I'll say what I like as long as it's not straight out slagging, and it's in the rules. I had to options, say yeah they are good enough, work a bit more. Or say, they are not much good. I dont think that they are good enough, and i do think they are not much good. So which do you prepose I'd say? I know this guy is prolly pretty young, he comes acrossas being, which is grand, but just cos of that fact, it doens't mean you cant sound "harsh".

whether it's in the rules or not shrimp, you come across badly. Do you think it's all of us with the problem... or is there the slightest possibility that it's you?

I propose from now on in cases like this you offer encouragement and help, and offer specific constructive criticism and suggestions (and "I think you should go look at some tuts" isn't enough) - because telling someone who's just starting off [and I think he's doing very well] that it's not much good is a childish way to behave and makes you look bad.

The arnie one is very very close to exactly what ad designers do to popular figures - it's quite subtle but makes him look far younger. good work!

I'll come across how I feel is appropriate, I'm not going to just change what I say, to suit you(pl). As for me been the problem, I would argue strongly that's not the case. If I was talking in person, you'd see that it was as normal a comment as any other. It's about how you read it. You automatically presume that i mean bad in my posts.

I'll say what I feel like saying, and I'm not going to make/glam my words up, just to suit you. These are my thoughts, and these are my posts. End of discussion.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Shrimp wrote:
    I'll come across how I feel is appropriate, I'm not going to just change what I say, to suit you(pl). As for me been the problem, I would argue strongly that's not the case. If I was talking in person, you'd see that it was as normal a comment as any other. It's about how you read it. You automatically presume that i mean bad in my posts.

I'll say what I feel like saying, and I'm not going to make/glam my words up, just to suit you. These are my thoughts, and these are my posts. End of discussion.
    No, no it's not the end of the discussion.

You will improve your attitude or you will vacate the premesis, comprendé? I've given you a lot of chances, and I've recieved a lot of complaints, don't make me look like an eejit for letting you back.
    In fact, I'm adding to the charter now that you either provide constructive criticism or no criticism. This is a place for help and advice, not posturing and showing off.

Now that you've added it, thats fine. But can you define constructive criticism? Because obviously what I deem constructive, you dont. Forexample would it be ok if I was to say. Thats alright, I dont like X but you could improve on it by doing Y to it? yeah? :D

Imo that still sounds very blunt.
    It should be more " I like A and B and what you've down with C is perfect. Perhaps though X might need a wee bit of Y "
    You need to focus more on the good things because they need praise for what they have done right so that it will stick. Whereas just putting more attention on everything wrong just really knocks a person down.
    ParkerD posted this feeling great that he had discovered a new talent and as soon after your post he was apologising for letting you down. That was not his fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Looks good, I suggest however (as with all shoppage projects) starting with as high a resolution image as possible then later with image reduction, less honed areas can be less obvious.

And as for Arnie its good but as you say he looks weird, I think it might be because he has no furrows between his brows, even babies have them, I could be wrong though.

Imo that still sounds very blunt.
    It should be more " I like A and B and what you've down with C is perfect. Perhaps though X might need a wee bit of Y "
    You need to focus more on the good things because they need praise for what they have done right so that it will stick. Whereas just putting more attention on everything wrong just really knocks a person down.
    ParkerD posted this feeling great that he had discovered a new talent and as soon after your post he was apologising for letting you down. That was not his fault.

Alright, I'll try a more friendly response next time. :rolleyes:

Wow, i have alot of comments. i will post in more celebs over the weakend. Arnie maybe i should do another one of Arnie... i dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Constructive criticism: it will do you a world of good Shrimp.

I particularly like the Arnie one Parker, I think the only problem I have with it is the bit between the eyebrows, it looks too flat. Or is that what tba is talking about?

As for challenge... how about the cat lady? She is more a freak than Jackson is. Check her out here linky. My challenge to you is to make her look (relatively) normal. She's a plastic surgery freak of the highest freakditude but a bit of shopping and you may be able to reduce her lip size and alter her chin roundness. Maybe even reduce her cheeks but that looks pretty tricky.

Looking at the photo in the link again it looks as if the right cheek is messed up a bit. If you can't use that try Google but not many results come up for her unfortunately "The Wildenstein Cat Woman".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Gordon wrote:
    Or is that what tba is talking about?

indeed I was

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote:
    how about the cat lady?

Oh dear god, KILL IT, KILL IT

If my cat looked like that I'd shave its ass and make it walk backwards :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Excellent work, here's a tip for you though, if you want some one to look younger in a certain pic then get a different pic of them when they were younger to see the difference in skin tone, hair length, style etc. The reason for this is that as we get older our features change and move in and out slightly, as we move from infants to adults the eyes get wider and separate, the jaw lengthens, the nose get's longer and the reverse happens as you get older, the eyes narrow etc.

Shrimp is way off (no offence man, don't know you from Adam, you have a point but I feel as many others do that you expressed it incorrectly). He's probably forgetting that you're working with lo res images so the detail is probably lost before you started anyway. So keep up the work my friend. You can only better from here on out. Photoshop is the industry standard so it would be worth getting it if you're interested in that sort of hobby.

Nobody has asked this, how long did you spend on each person? My dad can do that stuff as well but he'd take a weekend to do it but I do it in roughly 30 mins flat (for each one).

So just curious to how much time you spent doing it?

I do a lot of photoshop work by the way, so I hope nobody thinks I'm bragging. If I had the choice (which I don't) I'd higher the young lad as he shows tremendous potential.

Advertisement