Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

autoresponder/catchall problems

Options
  • 26-08-2005 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

I've got some hosting space with novara ie which includes the facility to create a catchall email box for the registered domain (as in any email going to "***@yourdomain.com" to a non existant email address gets moved to the catchall) and also allows the creation of an autoresponder to any created mailbox.

Now these two facilities work fine individually but unfortunately i've come to discover that the auto responder just doesn't work once a mail has gone through the catchall process which is annoying as i'd intended to use the two together to send a response when people mistype adresses. I've tried a third party autoresponse program (xtreeme mailxpert I think) collecting via pop3 which has the same problem and just can't see what it is that the catchall is doing. It all works fine when you send mail directly to the address of the catchall mailbox so something must surely occur during the redirect.

I'd really apreciate any help at all as having never used either feature before i'm not even sure if this is an inevitability with catchalls, it'd also be great if anyone else had webspace with novara and could tell me wether they had similar problems.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

I'm no expert on Novara, but I work for another hosting co and I can tell you that autoresponders generally have rules for email addresses.

Eg: if it sees a mail come in for joe.brody@, and there is a rule for joe.brody setup, it will kick in, otherwise it won't.

Therefore I don't really see any possibility of it working with a catch all.

Advertisement