Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your Favourite Beer?

• 26-08-2005 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭

Mines Fosters. After a year of 75p a can, I love this stuff. And it's €3 a pint in loads of places here now. It's great.
    What's everyone here's?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

1664!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

Usually drinking out it's Heineken or Stella

At home at the moment it's Miller bottles or Carlsberg bottles, my local offie is doing a special on Carlsberg 10 bottles for €11.49 so how bad!

I've tried Fosters but didn't really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

Its miller when i'm drinking out but stella out of a can. Not a lover of fosters but during the college year it does save a few pennys. Also like Murphys from time to time, i tried beamish there recently because its only €3 a pint but didn't like it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Schneiderweisse Dunkle (sp?) is my favourite tbh.

Personally I prefer the ale side of the beer spectrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Stella out of a can. Fatbastardtastically good.

However, a night on the stella leaves me with an icepick hangover (feels like someone's inserted an icepick in the top of my skull and is trying to poke my eyeball out with it).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I get a serious amount of stick over this in work but a nice pint of Bud does me...

steveland? wrote:
    I get a serious amount of stick over this in work but a nice pint of Bud does me...

Do you find Bud is very tempermental?

All the bud drinkers I know complain about the fact that the quality varies hugely pub to pub.

nesf wrote:
    Do you find Bud is very tempermental?

All the bud drinkers I know complain about the fact that the quality varies hugely pub to pub.
    I do indeed, best pint I've had in a while was a pub I used to work in... they've just gotten in T-Bar taps so it's cooled all the way to the tap...

One thing I find about Bud is it tastes cack when it's not in a Bud glass... I like all my beers in the correct glasses...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Erdinger (and pretty much all German beers, weiss, krystal, dunkel etc)
    Heineken
    Corona
    Kronenberg
    Bulmers

They would usually be my weapon of choice... I also drink other beers, but these would be the main ones.

Actually I'd like to change my choice to Corona with a lime... genius drink :)

• Advertisement

steveland? wrote:
    I do indeed, best pint I've had in a while was a pub I used to work in... they've just gotten in T-Bar taps so it's cooled all the way to the tap...

One thing I find about Bud is it tastes cack when it's not in a Bud glass... I like all my beers in the correct glasses...

Agreed, I've seen Murphy's served in a Bud glass! :eek:

Personally, in a dodgy pub I just switch to the whiskey for the night. Very difficult to **** up pouring a shot of whiskey. I'm sure it's possible though.

Yeh I go onto the JD and cokes if I'm getting sick of pints...

I have nights when I can drink 10 or 12 pints without feeling sick but then there's nights when I have 4 pints and start kinda gagging when I drink them...

Heh, speaking of the glasses, I remember days when there'd be a match on in Croke Park and we'd be mobbed... it'd be mad so we had to use whatever glass came to hand first... Guinness in a Carlsberg glass... it just doesn't work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I don't really like beer. The one I dislike the least though is Heineken.

If someone was insisting I was having a pint of something I'd choose bulmers & blackcurrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bang_bang_rosie

I love beer, most beers.
    Miller on most nights out (bottles only) and corona with lime yum.

Guinness on a cold day or a relaxing pint in pub.

Holsten pils/satz if i'm feelin fat/guilty (apparantly it has less calories)

At home lager only and whatever is going really (cheap)

Stella gives me a vicious hangover too. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Bottled: Löwenbräu and I'm also partial to Erdinger and Franziskaner Weißbier.
    Draught: I haven't seen any of the Munich beers (Löwenbräu, Paulaner, Erdinger, Augustiner etc.) on tap here, so I'll go with Guinness.
    I try to avoid cans as much as possible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Fosters, Heineken and Budweiser are piss. Headache in a can.

Rebel Red's my fave, followed by Erdinger. If I can't get them, I'll drink Carlsberg. If I can't get Carlsberg I'll drink Heineken, and I'll get a shítty hangover in the morning. Way worse than the one I have now.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Freezing cold pint bottle of bulmers with no ice.....lovely.

Aldi cans of taurus Cider **** me im addicted to that .

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

over here it would be

miller
    corona

but whilst i was in prague in the summer their own czech beer was so nice.

pilsner urquell

and it was cheap at about €1 a pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I know that it's not beer, but ice cold bottles of bulmers light are lovely.

I also like Corona with lime. Very delish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Viscosity

Living in Wexford, the choices of what to have on draught are fairly limited. I'd prob have Carlsberg because Smithwicks is gone unpredictable. I've tried Castlemaine XXXX recenly from a can and its grand, 6 cans for €8. My favourite overall, availability permitting, would be Spaten or Erdinger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Carlsberg export.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Here's my 3 cents (pints)

Miller., :D Coors Light, :D Stella Artois :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Warsteiner bottles, only e1 in O'Briens.

Sometimes Bavaria cans, or Fosters pints in my local. They have had cheap Fosters for about ten years now. Used to have Fosters dollars and all. So its so popular in there they are turning over a couple of kegs a night Id say. Lovely stuff.

Stella and 1664 give me thumping hangovers. The only beers Ive got headaches after.

Wouldn't touch Bud unless I was desperate, really desperate. Come to think of it though thats happened a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Funkstard

ATM a nice cold Bud, but I'm not really one for trying different beers yet.

I've heard alot of the German beer doesn't give you as bad a hangover because there's alot less chemicals in them? Is this true?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Staropramen - the greatest Czech beer available in this country (I had one even nicer in Prague called Gambrinus, but you can't get it here).

Others I have enjoyed include:

Biddy Blonde - from the Biddy Early brewery in Inagh, Co. Clare
    Curim - brewed by the Carlow Brewing Company
    Budvar - Czech Republic
    Kwak - Belgium
    Oyster Stout - the Porterhouse
    Anchor Steam Beer - USA. If anyone can tell me if this is available in Dublin I'd very much appreciate it.
    Spaten - Germany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 BAm MArgera

Weiss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Guinness in a pub, any good pilsner from the offy (favourites being Deveneys in Rathmines, Redmonds in Ranelagh. Examples include Warsteiner, Staropramen, Spaten, Bitburger (got hooked on this in Germany) and one that starts with a K that I can't remember the name of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

Nah, the Irish know feck all about beer. The choices we get in pubs are pityful. If you want a beer, get on a plane and find yourself a bottle of:

Girardin Gueuze 1882 Black Label

Now, that's a beer.

edit - feckin URL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Corona with a lime

Guinness

Budvar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I don't have a firm favourite, really, I'm always trying new beers whenever I can. Currently, my favourite is probably Paulaner Weissbier. It's a bit like Erdinger, only not so fizzy and a bit fruitier.

Last night I had a go at Weltenburger, both the pils and wiessbier. I didn't find the weissbier very inspiring, but the pils was excellent, and I'll certainly be getting more of it.

Advertisement