Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your Favourite Beer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

330 ml bottles of Carlsberg Export. Sharp taste, icy cold. Beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I used to be a big fan of Bud, but lately it tasts like ****, now I'm on the Heineken, great stuff

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Marts wrote:
    I used to be a big fan of Bud, but lately it tasts like ****

Lately it tastes like ****? I was under the impression that it has always tasted like ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Corona extra with the lime is lovely
    Heinekein is just my drink of choice when Im out, lovely....
    Satzenbrau is actually quite nice too, only drank it outta cans, tasty beer @5.5% Mmmmm!! :)
    Stella is quite nice too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

Bitburger - stright from the tap *drools*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Cremo wrote:
    over here it would be

miller
    corona

but whilst i was in prague in the summer their own czech beer was so nice.

pilsner urquell

and it was cheap at about €1 a pint.

Oddbins do this stuff and they have it pretty cheap too.

silas wrote:
    Corona extra with the lime is lovely

I find the lime is essential to keeping the flies out of the beer, just like in Mexico :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Proper Stella for me, although I do frequently lower my standards and get completely pissed on the Interbrew stuff... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Erdinger if they have it.

Heineken's the best of the rest for me if they dont.

generally anytime i'm in a pub and find a beer i havent tried on tap before (a few places are getting in warsteiner and 1664 taps lately) i'll go for one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

nicest beer i ever had was on a train going from berlin to amsterdam during the summer, i have no idea what the name of it is but it was on a german train and if anyone has any ideas what it might be please tell me, i know it was a german beer anyway

normally what i drink at home is bud, but miller is probably my favourite, i dont like to drink it though cause its supposed to be real bad for you, all artificial and ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Mine would have to be a pint of smithwicks!! Love the stuff! wouldn't really be a fan of larger but will drink it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Galvo

Favourite - Red Biddy draught
    2nd - Aventinus draught/bottle

Speaking of Red Biddy, was in Biddy Early Brewery last week and they have a new beer to celebrate 10th birthday. 750ml with champagne cork, foil etc - looks the part. I think there will be a different "vintage" beer each year, but the first one is a honey beer and it's damn good (may replace Red Biddy above!). I had never had a honey beer before but it has a lovely smooth texture (I hate too much fizz anyway) and it is not too sweet, which I was afraid of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

A good, cool pint of Guiness is hard to beat.
    Love a nice Corona and lime at BBQ's and such.
    DBC's Revolution Red is nice too.

Other holiday favourites:
    Red Back (WA, Oz)
    Cusquena Malt - Black Malty beer from Peru, cannot get it here at all but my good god if it isn't the perfect combo of pep and alchohol. Taste is unlike anything I can describe, the effect - similar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Baltika.

Budvar.

Occom.

Stella.

And while in Spain...7% of pure ass kicking Voll Damm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭fischerspooner

The best beer you can get on tap on ireland is Warsteiner. Karma on Fishamble st. in Dublin does a mean pint of it for nur 3.90!!! When I buy cans I buy Becks usually, or Holsten pils. Paulaner Weissbier on tap is the most refreshing I've ever tasted. Augustiner is probably the best lager I've ever drank, but they don't export it out of Munich. Anyone who says bud/corona/fosters etc. really doesn't have a clue about beer and should get out more! Germany is to beer/lager like Ireland is to stout. The rest are just imitations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Miller Lite when i'm in the states, i've tried everywhere in Dublin for it but no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

michelob or michelob lite...or even bud ice........ahh. .the memories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

Miller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭dmck2886

Carlsberg.

Badabing wrote:
    Miller Lite when i'm in the states, i've tried everywhere in Dublin for it but no joy.

Yeah in Ireland you dont ask for Miller Light, just tell them you want a pint of tap water, you'll never know the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Maisel's Weiss and Franziskaner Hefe.

Bulmers pint bottle if they aren't available or if I've reached my yeast intake quota.
    I don't think I've willingly accepted a draught pint of anything in about 2 years, bar Guinness in reputable public houses.

Blarney Blonde is quite tastey, for all the two pints I had of it 4 years ago...
    Beamish Red is still an unknown quantity in my demesne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

When I am out drinking pints its Heineken.
    At home I tend to go for rolling rock(at 20e for 20 bottles.. you cant go wrong)
    As for cans, probably amstel as I have drank that for the last 6 months in Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

out: guinness or dry cider... not bulmers

in: Spaten, Hoegarden, erdinger or warsteiner. more expensive, but they actually taste like beers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Tiger. No opposition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Cremo wrote:
    pilsner urquell
    I've seen that over here recently... *think* it was in BierHaus in Galway.

dregin, if you like Tiger, try a Staropramen some time ;)

I'm a bit like Sarky in that I like to try new beers whenever possible (now at least half-way through the menu in BierHaus and I'm back in Galway next week on a mission to get through the rest of it! :D).

Favourites include: Franziskaner Heffe, Kwak, Delirium Tremens (a wonderfully unusual Belgian beer, packs a hell of a punch too), Spaten Oktoberbrau (only available during Oktoberfest) and if in a good enough pub: Guinness.

If I'm somewhere I don't particularly trust the pints of Guinness, I'll settle for a Carlsberg and if that's poor, I'm onto the whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭weemcd

Partial to Guiness now I tried it in donegal, but apparently its nowhere near as nice here.

Usually have stella, miller or a pint of harp when im out. Stella and miller for a carryout aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

arse, i had a fabulously wonderful beer recently, and for the life of me i cant recall where i had it or who i was with, and more importantly, what the hell it was!

but it was really good.
    although, i expect it was an ale or 'real beer' (as opposed to larger).
    however, i have recently found that michelob ultra is really nice, if a tad on the expensive side of things.

i think that beer was in my local. i shall have to go around and try the beer this evening to see if i can find it again.

otherwise, big fan of fullers honeydew, fullers discovery, badger champion beer,and i fi had to go for a large, i guess id join kaids in a 1664

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ah crap, just realised the beer was in denmark :(

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭SparkyLarks

Duvel,
    a soft pilowy head and sustaided bead.The bear tasks gorgeoous ( and is 8.5%, Comes with the coolest glass ever too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Draught Stella when I drink pints. Very hard to come by, so I was glad when they introduced the eight pint barrel that I have in my sig. Like the odd Guinness as well, preferably a soft pint (room temp).

Advertisement