Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your Favourite Beer?

123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Have to say theres a good selection in supervalue aston quay at the moment - from Hobgoblin to Fullers old winter ale to a few letrappe's that are worth a taste.

Of all time, hmmm...porterhouse oyster and St Peters organic ale, it's a toss up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Wine_Guy

I'm a simple Guinness man, although the fullers winter was quite good, also like duvel and chimay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ShumanTheHuman

Tried Sierra Nevadas Harvest delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

I've always liked corona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭shivs

Heineken.....only :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Tried Sierra Nevadas Harvest delicious

Mmm, I came in here with the intention of posting about Sierra Nevada, had the IPA and the porter recently, both lovely. The IPA is about 7.5%, very very punchy hoppy beer, just straddles that line between excellence and excess, really liked it.
    The porter was kind of light, very easy to drink, almost refreshing which isn't something I'd usually say about a porter. Great beers all in all, hope they'll be on special in the offie soon. :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The IPA is about 7.5%, very very punchy hoppy beer, just straddles that line between excellence and excess, really liked it.
    That's Torpedo, the "Extra" IPA. It's fabulous. They do an ordinary IPA as well but I haven't seen it in a while.
    Great beers all in all, hope they'll be on special in the offie soon. :pac:
    Four-for-a-tenner, mix-and-match is the going rate in most of the offies I frequent at the moment. Damn good deal, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

BeerNut wrote: »
    That's Torpedo, the "Extra" IPA. It's fabulous. They do an ordinary IPA as well but I haven't seen it in a while.
    Yes indeedy, looked up their website for the craic they have a lot of interesting stuff, including separate porter and stout. oh the controversy...
    Four-for-a-tenner, mix-and-match is the going rate in most of the offies I frequent at the moment. Damn good deal, IMO.

The main place I go for nice/different beers is harvest, which I think is a galway only chain but might be wrong. They have a number of different deals but haven't seen a mix and match yet. They do/did have 1795 on 5 for 9 which was pretty sweet. Some of the stuff they sell is quite expensive though, One of the pubs in town had bombardier on special at 3.90 for a while (might still have) which was only about 10c dearer than harvest. I don't know if that makes harvest dear or the pub cheap though.... /offtopic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Yes indeedy, looked up their website for the craic they have a lot of interesting stuff, including separate porter and stout. oh the controversy...

Thats Americans for ya;)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Als76

Tiger beer is nice but a bit pricey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Just started drinking Guinness. Like it alot.
    Love Hoegaarden with a slice of Lemon tho......

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭musings

nothing beats a cool refreshing Olafenbrau

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Out and about, 9 times outta ten it'll be a Guinness. I do tend to try new beers at home more often than not. Usually it'll be one new beer and a few from the 'budget specials' :o San Miguel is criminally underrated and at a euro a bottle you can't go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

In a pub, it'd be Bock, hands down.

Out of the offie: A tie between Stella Artois or Erdinger Dunked. I like my beer on the dark or bitter side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

Boags from Tasmania for me but difficult to get here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Pocaide wrote: »
    Where are you based Pocaide? If you're in any of the Dublin/Leinster/Galway/Limerick areas then you'll get James Boags in Redmonds and O'Briens. If you're around Cork, you'll get it in O'Donovans.

As for my favourite beer, its a toss up between Sam Adams (Boston Lager) and Hoegaarden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

Goose Island IPA for me atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

Pocaide wrote: »

Ask your local SuperValu to get it for you. It's back available to order from Musgraves after being unavailable for about 6 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

Am based in Co Wexford so I guess I will have to talk to my local Supervalu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I absolutely love good pints of guinness. I'm more adventurous when drinking bottles at home or abroad

Big fan of Tyskie & Ococim, but usually try any Eastern European beer when I see one I haven't had in the off licence/supermarket

Worst for me (leaving the likes of Dutch Gold aside :rolleyes:) is, and people may be surprised at this, Corona. I hate the stuff, if I drank as much as one bottle I'd want to vomit and I'd feel like I had some form of rare flesh eating disease the next day. Actually including the likes of Dutch Gold Corona is as bad as I've tasted

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Miller or bud when im in the pud and tiger when Im at home,love the stuff :D and sometimes sol beer.

Advertisement