Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text Messages Questions

• 26-08-2005 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering how a text can go through and for the other person to have got it without a delivery report going through?I sent a text there some time ago and the delivery report on my phone didn't as usual go through so i presumed the person didn't get it,was about to send it again when the person answered my text,i didn't think this was possible?

Also how long are texts stored wherever it is they are stored or are they actually stored at all,cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I have noticed that happening to my phone aswll. Where I send a msg but no report comes but i get a message back,its strange but im pretty sure its a slight problem with my phone.

As for how long messages are stored for I'm not to sure but each network does store them for a considerable time,I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i quite often get a reply before a delivery report or none at all. especially if it was delayed because their phone was off. perfectly normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Sometimes I get the report delivery just after they've replied to my text!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Strange one alright,anyuway cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭otron

A delivery report is simply another text message which contains information on the delivery time/status of the original message. The phone interprets this encoded message and displays it as a delivery report. U used to be able to get a look at what the encoded message looks like, by putting the text *R* at the start of your message. Not sure if this works again.

Since the delivery report is simply another text message, it can be subject to the same delays as normal text messages.

• Advertisement
Advertisement