Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

csi ny

• 26-08-2005 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭

just lets everyone know csi ny is being moved to wednesday nights at 9:30 on RTE TWO starting next week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Oh good, no more of this csi-athon malarky on a Monday night anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

well for a start it was on tuesday not monday,and why?? i really liked the double bill,and i thought it was doing well in the ratings. you cant keep changing timeslots mid season...but RTE always do it....typical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I LOVE csi ny. why are they moving it? I loved having the double bill. Is law and order criminal intent not on wed nights anymore?

tvnutz wrote:
    well for a start it was on tuesday not monday,and why?? i really liked the double bill,and i thought it was doing well in the ratings. you cant keep changing timeslots mid season...but RTE always do it....typical.

Oops, my bad. I prefer to have something to watch two nights a week rather than a block session on one.

Is the other CSI coming back I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

RTE always seem to treat CSI with contempt, they regularly show a couple of episodes and then stop for a random period of time then start showing it again, well at least living TV on digital show the original nearly every night ;)

• Advertisement

grimloch wrote:
    Oops, my bad. I prefer to have something to watch two nights a week rather than a block session on one.

Is the other CSI coming back I wonder?

no idea what they are doing with Vegas,they show it on RTE 1 and seem to show half a season one time,and several months later show the other half. Im watching it on Living tv at the moment.

I watch too much tv so its better if they are together to get them over with! lol Now NY is up against the Wire on FX which is just really annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

RTE always seem to treat CSI with contempt, they regularly show a couple of episodes and then stop for a random period of time then start showing it again, well at least living TV on digital show the original nearly every night ;)
    okay i emailed them about csi las vegas and baciscally asked them had they cancel it but they haven't, they just don't have a time slot for it

According to Sky Digital Guide, NY is on tomorrow after Miami,but it is also on Wednesday night.

According to tv.com, tuesday nights episode is Episode 13:Tanglewood and Wednesday's episode is Number 14: Blood,Sweat and Tears.

So 2 consecutive episodes those 2 nights.

tvnutz wrote:
    According to Sky Digital Guide, NY is on tomorrow after Miami,but it is also on Wednesday night.

According to tv.com, tuesday nights episode is Episode 13:Tanglewood and Wednesday's episode is Number 14: Blood,Sweat and Tears.

So 2 consecutive episodes those 2 nights.

Not sure if I'm too keen on that now. 3 hours of it over two days. Hopefully if Vegas is back it'll be stretched out a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

What about L&O:Criminal Intent?

Are they moving it to a new slot, or just not showing it any more? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Last weeks was the last int he current series they said after it ended. Will be back next year probably.

Ok....what are RTE at??? Now according to Sky Digital,there is no CSI:Miami on tonight,instead it has been replaced with another CSI: NY,meaning 3 NY episodes in 2 days.

I'm presuming it has something to do with the hurricane in New Orleans/Mississippi since the Miami ep due tonight dealt with a tidal wave heading towards Miami because of a Tornado or something.

tvnutz wrote:
    Ok....what are RTE at??? Now according to Sky Digital,there is no CSI:Miami on tonight,instead it has been replaced with another CSI: NY,meaning 3 NY episodes in 2 days.

I'm presuming it has something to do with the hurricane in New Orleans/Mississippi since the Miami ep due tonight dealt with a tidal wave heading towards Miami because of a Tornado or something.
    yep its not on. trust RTE, no warning nothing

RTE cant do anything right. Does that mean NY is on again after this episode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

A always thought Miami was far better than NY, dont like ofmiceandmen actor in NY :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Gary Sinise is a superb actor. Personally I much prefer the style and characters of CSI:NY. Some of the team in CSI:MIAMI are almost cardboard cutouts.
    The whole show revolves around H.
    A always thought Miami was far better than NY, dont like ofmiceandmen actor in NY :mad:

I find that David Caruso has the same affect on me, very annoying indeed. :rolleyes:

Nightwish wrote:
    RTE cant do anything right. Does that mean NY is on again after this episode?
    Yep

Kath and Kim next week next week instead of csi? does that mean that csi miami is moving to wed as well?

Fu<k rte and their schedule shuffling

Dear lord I'm confused. Why in the name of all that is good and holy must so much foustering be done?

First post I said "Grand, things are being spread out a bit". Now everything has been fecked with and I have little to no idea when the bloody shows will be on and I can only hope they don't end up skipping some or otherwise making a boob-up of it.

Firstly...Gary Sinise=amazing actor,but I do prefer Miami.

Secondly,RTE=Idiots!

What the hell are they at? According to Sky Digital next Tuesday,both Miami and NY are on at their usual times of 9 and 10,but that must be wrong since the announcer said Kath and Kim was at 9 next week and something else was on at 10. So will they show it Wednesday,or will the just abandon the show mid season? What a joke. Stupid move to change days mid season as well.

• Advertisement

tvnutz wrote:
    Firstly...Gary Sinise=amazing actor,but I do prefer Miami.

Secondly,RTE=Idiots!

What the hell are they at? According to Sky Digital next Tuesday,both Miami and NY are on at their usual times of 9 and 10,but that must be wrong since the announcer said Kath and Kim was at 9 next week and something else was on at 10. So will they show it Wednesday,or will the just abandon the show mid season? What a joke. Stupid move to change days mid season as well.

hear, hear...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

On the subject of last nights episode I wonder will the ending be explored further in future episodes, it appears that Danny has had some involvement with gangs and maybe even helped them out when they faced charges before.

Ye I liked that,finally some character development in NY,it appears Danny didnt exactly stay clear of trouble when he was younger.

so with all that sh!te from rte last night about scheduling, did anyone hear when csi miami will be back? the series surely cant be over

Nightwish wrote:
    so with all that sh!te from rte last night about scheduling, did anyone hear when csi miami will be back? the series surely cant be over
    the rte guide said it wasn't on, i've email rte complaing and this time i've let them have it cause i've had enough

whats the e-mail address. I want to give them a piece of my mind too

I dont have time tonight,but yes I was be sending them a strongly worded e-mail about this kind of crap. I forgot about tonights CSI NY,because its not its usual night. I looked at next weeks schedule for Tuesday,Kath and Kim is on at 9,and Pure Mule at 10,which you can already guess will be another crap Irish show,on Wednesday there is the World Cup Qualifier,so no CSI that night either. NY is about 16 eps into a 23 ep season,whereas Miami is only about 12 eps in.

People don't bitch about RTE all the time for nothing,they are complete idiots!

tvnutz wrote:
    and Pure Mule at 10,which you can already guess will be another crap Irish show
    People don't bitch about RTE all the time for nothing,they are complete idiots!
    Steady :p

Although the continuity girl tonight didn't even know which episode was showing. :D

Oh come on mate! lol You always here people bitching about how bad RTE are,and its not just people do for fun,or take one incident and blow it out of proportion,it is because they are idiots! Over the years there have been so many terrible scheduling decisions.

• Advertisement

well i complained and this is what they said to me
    Dear Maeve,
    Regarding the dropping of Tuesday night's episode of
    CSI Miami, our Scheduling Office confirmed that it was
    cancelled because it featured scenes of a tidal wave
    hitting Miami. In light of the high death toll from
    the flooding of New Orleans caused by Hurricane
    Katrina, it was felt inappropriate to show this episode
    at this time.

Unfortunately, CSI Miami will not be back in the
    schedule until Wednesday 21 September at 2100 on RTÉ
    Two. The change of day is to accommodate a new series
    on RTÉ.

I regret the frustration caused to you with the way
    some programmes are or necessity moved in our schedules.

Best regards
    Nina Ward
    RTÉ Information Officer

I dont mind it being taken off because of whats happening in America,but this changing days thing for some crap Irish show is annoying. Its not on next week because of the World Cup match.

CSI Miami isnt on AGAIN for the 3rd week in a row. between ridiculous scheduling changes and football matches, it seem that CSI has been forgotten about. RTE have reaffirmed to me that they are idiots who dont deserve a penny of my licence fee

Nightwish wrote:
    CSI Miami isnt on AGAIN for the 3rd week in a row. between ridiculous scheduling changes and football matches, it seem that CSI has been forgotten about. RTE have reaffirmed to me that they are idiots who dont deserve a penny of my licence fee
    i just realise something. RTE only look after shows with sponsers. the other show are treated like S**t. and other thing When RTE sometimes get a good show the will go out of their way to F**k it up.

well RTE got a lovely long e-mail of complaint from me, today. As soon as I get a reply I shall post it.

Nightwish wrote:
    well RTE got a lovely long e-mail of complaint from me, today. As soon as I get a reply I shall post it.
    lets you complained good cause theirs no csi miam next week ether

• Advertisement

Ummm...very pissed at RTE??? I know I am. :mad:

The extended episode of CSI:Miami where there is a tsunami or hurricane or something,which was supposed to air prime time a few weeks ago,has been dumped at 11.40pm tomorrow night on RTE 2. It was put off because of the hurricane in the US. Then we had weeks of nothing,the odd CSI NY on wednesday night. Incidentaly,NY is not on again this wednesday because of the Champions League. Now as much as a love watching a good football game,it is stupid. Will the show it every 2nd week when there is no football. It should be on a night where there are no games. Both shows were getting 120,000+ viewers,but this scheduling mid-season is just a joke.

tvnutz wrote:
    Ummm...very pissed at RTE??? I know I am. :mad:

The extended episode of CSI:Miami where there is a tsunami or hurricane or something,which was supposed to air prime time a few weeks ago,has been dumped at 11.40pm tomorrow night on RTE 2. It was put off because of the hurricane in the US. Then we had weeks of nothing,the odd CSI NY on wednesday night. Incidentaly,NY is not on again this wednesday because of the Champions League. Now as much as a love watching a good football game,it is stupid. Will the show it every 2nd week when there is no football. It should be on a night where there are no games. Both shows were getting 120,000+ viewers,but this scheduling mid-season is just a joke.
    I'm always pissed at RTE, they SUCK. they don't care about the viewers.

They do indeed :D

Don't forget Miami tonight...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Want to destroy RTE with me,anyone?

After a new episode of Miami being advertised for tonight,they put on an old one. What the hell are they at??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yeah the EPG says that Crime Wave should have been on tonight but instead they showed Best Defense from season 2.

Idiots in RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

the episode they were supposed to air was about a tidal wave (tsunami) so they probably thought viewers would be offened.....not me

neacy69 wrote:
    the episode they were supposed to air was about a tidal wave (tsunami) so they probably thought viewers would be offened.....not me

actually thats why they put the episode off about 4 weeks ago! and if it was because of the 2nd hurricane,that happened last week,why would they still advertise it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

tvnutz wrote:
    actually thats why they put the episode off about 4 weeks ago! and if it was because of the 2nd hurricane,that happened last week,why would they still advertise it!
    well according to sky digital the review said that it was to do with Horatio trying to catch a gang of bank robbers who were using the current tidal wave (tsunami) to cover up their crimes. so actually that is what was advertised

ye i know,it was supposed to be on last night,it was supposed to be on weeks ago,but was put off for a while,it is the next new episode to be shown,but when will they show it?then NY was shifted around the place. Its just a joke.

tvnutz wrote:
    ye i know,it was supposed to be on last night,it was supposed to be on weeks ago,but was put off for a while,it is the next new episode to be shown,but when will they show it?then NY was shifted around the place. Its just a joke.
    OMG when is it on?

I don't know...there is another episode advertised next Monday,whether that is a new episode or not is something I cannot even guess,based on RTE's idiotic scheduling decisions.

tvnutz wrote:
    I don't know...there is another episode advertised next Monday,whether that is a new episode or not is something I cannot even guess,based on RTE's idiotic scheduling decisions.
    i was reading the RTE guide and only csi ny is on next week. but then again you can never trust the rte guide :mad: :mad: :mad:

the episode of Miami that was taken off (about the tsunami) is on tonight-Net2 at 23:55

Nightwish wrote:
    the episode of Miami that was taken off (about the tsunami) is on tonight-Net2 at 23:55
    why in gods name is it so late. RTE B******ds

Damn RTE, its a repeat, even though it was advertised on the RTE website that they were showing the "tsunami" episode

• Advertisement
Advertisement