Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Credits

• 26-08-2005 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

I have only watched the first episode of each so far.

Can anybody tell me if they stick with those lame 10 second credits for the whole series or does it go back to normakafter Carter comes back?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Can anybody tell me if they stick with those lame 10 second credits for the whole series or does it go back to normakafter Carter comes back?
    They stick with the new ones. Sci-Fi wanted more time for ad breaks so it was either cut the show down or cut the credits. They chose the later. Producers M & M were not very happy with the decision but at least we didn't lose show time itself (although we did lose Showtime...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

How did we lose show time too?

Daveirl....some of us enjoy the credits.

Theme tunes inparticular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Obo

How did we lose show time too?
    I think he's joking about SG1 being on ShowTime for the first few seasons instead of Sci-Fi.
    I'm not too bothered about the shorter credits. I kinda prefer it that way.

• Advertisement

Obo wrote:
    I think he's joking about SG1 being on ShowTime for the first few seasons instead of Sci-Fi.
    Indeed I am. ShowTime aired the show for the first five seasons, before handing over to Sci-Fi US. It's what allowed them to have full frontal Sha're nudity in the pilot episode and "bullshit" said in the S1 finale. After that though they quietened it down so they could get syndicated as they - successfully - did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Hang on... full frontal nudity?

steveland? wrote:
    Hang on... full frontal nudity?
    Yup. Sha're lives up to her name and shares all for the camera in "Children of the Gods" (the pilot episode).

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

I wish they would have kept the wormhole animation from the movie instead of the atlantis one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

ixoy wrote:
    Yup. Sha're lives up to her name and shares all for the camera in "Children of the Gods" (the pilot episode).
    I'll be honest... I don't remember that at all....

That's the kinda thing I'd expect to remember though....

Maybe Sky cut it

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sky always cut it, you'll see it on the DVDs. It seems pretty out of place. I wish they had the blonde airforce bird do the full frontal scene instead! :)

Well it seems they are putting the full credits back for the second half.
    When the show airs on Sky they will have the full length credits in the first half of the series too.

Apparently, they already have a full length intro in Canada.

Full story at Gateworld.net

Advertisement