Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6230 vs. 6230i - Is the i worth waiting for?

• 26-08-2005 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking about swapping from O2 to Vodafone soon and fancy a new phone too. Was going to get a 6230i but Vodafone tell me they aren't doing it yet, maybe next month and they have no idea what the price will be.

Given that the price they're selling the 6230 for is the same or more than O2 and Meteor are selling the 6230i for on similar tariff levels, is there enough of a difference between the two to make it worth waiting and seeing what price they come up with? Has anybody had both and cares to offer their 2c?

Two points I should clarify:

1. I know they are probably the most expensive network but my significant other has a Voda phone from work and their call a friend deal would make a significant saving.

2. I have no doubt there are better phones out there for similar money but every time I have strayed from Nokia I end up hating my new phone and wanting a Nokia again. If you want to suggest a different Nokia phone then be my guest :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Try the 6680 or the 6630? Theyre kinda big but its worth it for all the features that they pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

For what it's worth I had the 6630 and I found it too big to fit comfortably in my pocket (is that a phone or ar eyou happy to see me :) ).
    I have the 6230i now and I'm reasonably happy with it - camera is pretty good etc.

OT - wouldn't it be great if Nokia let you pick what features you wanted on a phone and then make it nice and small?
    For example, if I could get a 6630 without the 3G crap, video calling, radio and a few other things that would make the phone smaller (but still keeping the great OS, camera etc) then it would be my no. 1 choice hands down...
    Oh yeah, another thing, can we have a scratch proof screen as well :)

Advertisement