Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wifi Set up Help

• 26-08-2005 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭

Ok my wireless router arrived from utv and I bought a network card from marxcomputers.
    Installed the drive for the card and did the necessary with the router
    The icon comes up in the task manager but when I click on firefox or explorer it wont connect ?

Also when I reboot my pc with the network card it comes up with a blue screen saying

Run a system diagnostic utility / run a memory check for faulty mismatched memory

Tech Info

***Stop:0x0000007F (0x00000008x,0x80042000,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Any ideas as to how to connect and what the above means & how can I fix it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What type of card did you buy? PCI/PCMCIA (if PCI - re-install the card and ensure that you didn't knock anything else inside the PC..in particular..the RAM..)
    (Post the link to the card)
    What spec. is your machine - in particular, OS...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

The card is

Wireless Lan 11g Usb Adapter
    IEEE 802.1111g
    Usb 1.1/2.0
    2.4ghz - 2.4835ghz
    IEE 802.11g : 6,9,12,18,24,36,48,54mbps
    5v dv

The os is windows xp pro
    AMD 64 3000+ system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

If you remove the card does this error still occur?
    If so, you have upset some of your components while installing the card.
    If you know how to re-seat your ram, do it.

When I go to insert my BB password the same happens

Brought my PC and memory card back to Marx computers and they are going to look at it FOC

Have to ring them late on Monday when they look at it

Cheers

Seemingly there is something wrong with my registry

Marx tested the network card on another Pc and it worked
    Tried to roll back system and same thing blue screen

so in the process of wiping clean my pc to get a new registry and reinstall all m y programs

unless there is another solution ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement