Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishbroadband - A once and for all Final!

• 26-08-2005 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭

I now have a positive response from the advertising standards authority, to which I am going to reply to on Monday.

IBB have told them my situation is a one off and "unfortunate" I want to reply to the advertising standards authority on Monday with a list of names addresses and contact numbers of every one who is currently having an ongoing problem with IBB.

This is not a first contact complaint to ASIA, this is to respond to the excuses which IBB has given to advertising standards on my "isolated" problem.

PM me all details (name, address, contact number, problem, length of problem) please by Monday am and I will include them in my response.

Now for IBB's response to the ASAI (sent to me from the ASAI) ....

It would appear that Mr xXxXxX problems are arising from a technical issue to the backhaul. A technician called out to him and we have done some work on his radio. Our technical department is working on a reolution for him and our CTO is personally involved.

Unfortunately by the very nature of broadband technology, technical issues can arise. For some we are immediately aware but for others our network does not show a discrepancy until we receive a call from our customers. Unfortunately Mr xXxXxXxX did not feel that he was looked after well by our support centre and for this I apologise. New processes are being put in place and we are continually working on improvements to cater for our increasing customer base.

However, I think you will agree that our current advertising is not in breach, Mr XxXxXxXxX is an exception due to a technical fault and the vast majority of our customers are very satisfied with the level of broadband service they are experiencing.

However, I am delighted that this has been brought to my attention and we are working to ensure that no other customer is experiencing such an issue.”

We would be glad to know if the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Anyone who *does* add their name to this list will want to have had correspondance with IBB already, even if by email.

Otherwise they can quite correctly claim that they never recieved a complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Add me. PM'ing details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

I've had an excellent response from this by several people. I will be adding all details passed to me onto me to my response to ASAI.

If any one else is having extended problems that IBB have failed to fix, PM me your details and I will add you to my response.

Any info you pass to me will be solely for the purpose of passing onto ASAI and nothing else.

This is YOUR chance to get something done about IBB. PM me by Monday afternoon.

Advertisement