Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish ghost story

• 27-08-2005 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

> > This story happened about a month ago in a little town in Ireland,

> > and

>even though it may sound like an Alfred Hitchcock tale, it's real!

> >

> > It was the middle of a very dark and stormy night, a guy was on the

> > side

>of the road hitch hiking. As the night rolled on, cars were scarce,and

>no lights lined the street. The storm was so strong he could barely

see

>a few feet ahead of him.

> >

> > Suddenly in the distance he saw the head lights of a car coming

> > towards

>him and without any reason it slowed to a stand still beside him.

> >

> > Without hesitation, the guy hurriedly gets into the car and closes

> > the

>door only to realize there is no one sitting behind the wheel. All of

a

>sudden the car begins to move, the guy looks at the road ahead and

>notices a sharp curve coming his way.

> >

> > Scared, he starts to pray,begging for his life. Still in shock, but

> > just

>before he hits the curve, a hand appears through the window and turns

>the wheel. Paralysed with terror,the guy watches how the hand appears

>every time they approach a curve.

> >

> > Gathering all the strength he has, the guy grabs the door

> > latch,rolls

>out onto the pavement and runs as fast as he can to the nearest town.

> >

> > Dripping wet and in shock the guy runs into a crowded local

bar,asks

> > for

>two shots of whisky and begins to tell everybody about the horrible

>experience he just went through. Everyone is glued in silence and

>amazement as they notice the guy shaking, crying but clearly not

drunk.

> >

> > About half an hour later two guys walk into the same bar and in

>amazement one says to the other.

> >

> > "Look Mick, that's the as*h*le that got in the car when we were

> > pushing

>it!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

if you are going to paste something from an email would you please please please tidy it up first

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Liffeyman

Go F*** urself, if its not up to your standards you plonker what are you a teacher, you think i've nothing better to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Liffeyman wrote:
    Go F*** urself, if its not up to your standards you plonker what are you a teacher, you think i've nothing better to do

Well if you want others to read your string of crap jokes, at least make them readable :rolleyes:

Well if you want others to read your string of **** jokes, at least make them readable :rolleyes:

And this is coming from the person that has an opinion about everything, consider it a privilege that I spent the time coping and pasting in the first place, just didn't think that id get told to clean the msg up first that’s all, I mean like what you have to scroll down once more then normally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Liffeyman wrote:
    And this is coming from the person that has an opinion about everything, consider it a privilege that I spent the time coping and pasting in the first place, just didn't think that id get told to clean the msg up first that’s all, I mean like what you have to scroll down once more then normally

Somone asked you to, in a nice way, please clean up pasted emails as they hurt the eyes but all you can do is instantly abuse them. What goes around comes around. Sorry if we are being bold after the amazing "privilege" you have given us today from the no doubt wonderful depths of your inbox.

Great to see you seem to know me so well, and this is from the guy with a muscular 25 posts to his name :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Somone asked you to, in a nice way, please clean up pasted emails as they hurt the eyes but all you can do is instantly abuse them. What goes around comes around. Sorry if we are being bold after the amazing "privilege" you have given us today from the no doubt wonderful depths of your inbox.

Great to see you seem to know me so well, and this is from the guy with a muscular 25 posts to his name :rolleyes:

I have alot more then 25 posts just tryin out a new name, and ye it is a privilege, the only thing thats not new is that you have an opinion

lol ok i am new just been a long time viewer first time handle

• Advertisement

Fair enough advise but when ppl have nothing better to do then to post a comment about the tread is to long and would i mind shorting it, just seem like "have you nothing better to do!!", and thats just me i fly of the handle with everything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

>> Good
    >> for
    >> you.

I don't look at post counts like some of the founders. :rolleyes:

>>But i
    >>don't feck
    >>up copy and pastes
    >>either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

someone please close this thread its going nowhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Liffeyman wrote:

Jaysus, cop on will ye! And in the future, clean up your act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭GUBU

Calm down, all of you! I don't think there's one comment here on the original joke - and it's a pretty good one, imo. Made me laugh, unlike your petty squabbling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

This thread is one of the funniest things i have read on humour in a while gave me a great laugh :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Well if you want others to read your string of crap jokes, at least make them readable

Not the first time i seen you getting all high and mighty, get down off your high horse, who cares how many posts he has. any jokes i seen off liffeyman have my friends in work in the stitches so far couldn't care less if he didn't tidy that one up, tidy it yourself OR don't read it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

deisedevil wrote:
    Not the first time i seen you getting all high and mighty, get down off your high horse, who cares how many posts he has. any jokes i seen off liffeyman have my friends in work in the stitches so far couldn't care less if he didn't tidy that one up, tidy it yourself OR don't read it!!
    And that is ment to excuse the OP outburst. The second post was clearing just asking him to tidy it up. Thats all.
    Fair enough it shouldn't matter that much about post count but You can't come in here straight away and do what you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Webmonkey wrote:
    And that is ment to excuse the OP outburst. The second post was clearing just asking him to tidy it up. Thats all.
    Fair enough it shouldn't matter that much about post count but You can't come in here straight away and do what you like.

Yup that's right, please please please!! one please wud do and if someone didn't have something to say about the good joke that was posted then don't bother saying anything. it wasn't mobileinfantry's first time being so arrogant, he told liffeyman not to post here ever again on another thread, didn't even give a reason?? and it's not the first time i seen him trying to belittle people that's why i got annoyed.

anyways this is the humour section so enough of all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

crap joke

hard to read

end of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Brock wrote:
    This thread is one of the funniest things i have read on humour in a while gave me a great laugh :D:D:D

He he your'e right there. A great slagging match :D

deisedevil wrote:
    Yup that's right, please please please!! one please wud do and if someone didn't have something to say about the good joke that was posted then don't bother saying anything. it wasn't mobileinfantry's first time being so arrogant, he told liffeyman not to post here ever again on another thread, didn't even give a reason?? and it's not the first time i seen him trying to belittle people that's why i got annoyed.

anyways this is the humour section so enough of all that.
    ya not like out for mobileinfantry or anything but every post i've seen from him is just being arrogant or hostile to someone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

oh no he had those > <, kill him, cut off his head

im not taking sides i still think the OP went a bit lu-la

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Liffeyman wrote:

banned for personal abuse

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Would "one ought to go F*** oneself" be acceptable, as being somewhat impersonal?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Maximilian wrote:
    Would "one ought to go F*** oneself" be acceptable, as being somewhat impersonal?
    Now that's funny... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

Bring back liffeyman, i like his style

Pauly26 wrote:
    Bring back liffeyman, i like his style
    he hasn't been banned.... whats up with that

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

banned for personal abuse

Ye he's been banned

• Advertisement